Complaint Review: FitnessRepairParts.com

• Submitted: Sat, March 03, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, March 03, 2012

• Reported By: Dana — Rural Hall North Carolina United States of America
108 Hamilton Industrial Court wentzville, Missouri United States of America

FitnessRepairParts.com Refused to give me a full refund for a defective part wentzville, Missouri

FitnessRepairParts.com sent a defective circuit board for my treadmill.  The part costs $550.00. I had originally hired a professional at $85 to diagnosis the problem with my treadmill.  He recommended that I order this part.  I received the items and paid the professional hire another $85 to install the treadmill circuit board. He said it was defective and told me to call Fitness Repair Part to ask for a refund. I called and was informed that they have a policy regarding defective items which is that they do not give full refunds for defective items.  They will send a replacement which I explained that I do not want.  At this point I do trust them to send a working part and I have to pay an additional $85 to have it tested. I wanted a full refund which they denied due to their policy. My problem is that I wonder why they have this policy - are they sending out numerous defective items and taking advantage of people? I believe it is suspicious that I have only ordered one item from them and it was defective. The restocking fee is 30% of the original fee is returned which also seems like a ripoff. It really seems like a scam and it seems odd that such a small company would not work with me for customer service reasons. I feel like I have been taken advantage of and that they should be investigated to see how many defective parts they are sending out to trusting individuals.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2012 06:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FitnessRepairPartscom/wentzville-Missouri-63385/FitnessRepairPartscom-Refused-to-give-me-a-full-refund-for-a-defective-part-wentzville-848052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FitnessRepairParts.com