Complaint Review: Fitnessrepairparts.com

• Submitted: Thu, August 23, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, August 23, 2007

• Reported By:Lincoln California
Fitnessrepairparts.com
433 E. Wabash St. O'Fallon, Missouri U.S.A.

Fitnessrepairparts.com Warning! Return of Defective part shipping cost NOT reimbursed!!! Ripoff O'Fallon Internet Missouri

I ordered a repair part for my Exercise Bicycle from fitnessrepairparts.com which was received promptly. The package exterior was not damaged in any way, but the part inside was defective and unusable.

Several attempts were made to make contact with the "RMA Department" but I was not called back until I filed a Disputed Charge with my credit card company, and then notified fitnessrepairparts.com of this on my final voicemail.

I received an RMA, but when I inquired about shipping costs for returning the defective part, I was told that I would be responsible for the return costs. I find this unconscionable - it is no fault of my own that this part was defective. Moreover, I feel that had this part been inspected properly prior to shipment to my residence - this would not have been an issue.

I mentioned that I felt this was not the correct way to treat a customer, and that return of a defective part should be at the company's expense. The response was that I could "request" reimbursement from the "RMA Department" and they "MAY" reimburse my costs. I am uncomfortable with this arrangement, and I am not inclined to send this item back unless the shipping cost is covered.

When doing business with this company be forewarned!

Michael
Lincoln, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2007 04:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fitnessrepairpartscom/OFallon-Missouri-63366/Fitnessrepairpartscom-Warning-Return-of-Defective-part-shipping-cost-NOT-reimbursed-R-269821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fitnessrepairparts.com