Complaint Review: Five Star Auto Mall

• Submitted: Tue, May 27, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, May 27, 2003

• Reported By:Spartanburg South Carolina
Five Star Auto Mall
110 Northchase Dr Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.

Five Star Auto Mall Car Mark-Up Scam and False Promises Charlotte North Carolina

In 1999 I purchased a car from 5 Star Auto Mall. At the signing I was told buy the car salesman and the financial officer that the car could be refinanced in 6 months. When the 6 month period was up, I called in and they informed me that they could not stand by their word. I tried to find another car company that would refinance the car but to my surprise I found that they had maked up the car cost so much no one would take it.

Now, I am stuck with a car that I cannot trade unless I pay more than what it is worth and it has major defects in it so it constantly needs repairs.

For anyone who shops here, they seem nice and friendly but they will sell you "empty promises" to get you to buy. I think they should have kept their word and refinanced the car as they promised in the beginning.

Spartanburg, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2003 08:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Five-Star-Auto-Mall/Charlotte-North-Carolina/Five-Star-Auto-Mall-Car-Mark-Up-Scam-and-False-Promises-Charlotte-North-Carolina-58477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Five Star Auto Mall