Complaint Review: Fiverr

• Submitted: Wed, March 07, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, March 07, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — United States of America

Fiverr Fiverr Has Different Terms of Service Based on Seller Rating, Success and Payments Internet

There was information I received from a Top Rated Seller on Fiverr, which I had also asked Fiverr about, in order to better manage my Gig requests for a writing Gig and Fiverr cleared it. When I reached almost $1,000 in revenue, I received a message that my account had been flagged for a warning because of a violation of the Terms of Service on Fiverr. I sent a request to the online system to ask why. They told me that a certain line in the item was a violation of the TOS and needed to be removed. I responded that it was no problem to remove it, with my apologies, since it was a line used be another seller who had almost 2,000 transactions completed on the site.

Two hours later, I received three e-mailed, each timestamped within the same minute, informing me that I had been demoted to having no level on Fiverr. I contacted the customer support department,  to see why, but they cancelled my support request. I placed other, new support requests, but they cancelled those as well. Finally, I logged in to my Fiverr account and found that they had not given me full credit for orders that had cleared and were to be paid that had Gig "Extras" attached to them. I attempted to contact Fiverr about this as well, but they cancelled those requests also.

Paypal is the payment method Fiverr uses and they refused to help or file a dispute about this company's wrong doings in this instance. DomainsByProxy/Godaddy is the cloaking service used by Fiverr to hide their contact information from any public WhoIs source. They stated that they have no idea how to contact Fiverr, because they never receive the information of the domain that need to be cloaked. Slice Host is the company that hosts the Fiverr website. They only offer online support and complaints can only be filed via e-mail. When I asked more detailed questions, the chat representative stopped responding.

It is a shame Paypal, GoDaddy, and Slice Host would all choose to support this company. It is even more of a shame that Fiverr allows themselves to work according to such poor business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2012 07:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fiverr/internet/Fiverr-Fiverr-Has-Different-Terms-of-Service-Based-on-Seller-Rating-Success-and-Payments-850338. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fiverr