Complaint Review: Fix My Cell

• Reported By: Bait n Switch Indy — Indiana
Fix My Cell
4015 E Southport Rd Indianapolis, Indiana USA

Fix My Cell bait and switch Indianapolis Indiana

April 1st, 2014 I called and spoke with the Southport Location of Fix My Cell about purchasing a tablet they had listed on CraigsList, http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/eld/4371567596.html.  Upon calling I was told they did not have that any longer and was told he took it down but craigslist takes awhile for items to be removed.  This is a lie, it is instant but I went ahead and let him continue.  He told me he had a white one at the same price.

I told him I wanted to exchange a 7" Kindle Fire HD and $150 cash.  I was told he would do that.  I drove from Fishers to Southport to pick up the device and was told they didn't have the white one, that he said he was going to hold for me but they had a black one in Grade C condition, otherwise known as a cracked screen.

The store owner when back to plug in my Kindle and the person in back said yes, I made that deal, then a few minutes later the store owner came out and said he would not honor it.  He said the Kindle Fire's retail was $100 so he wouldn't pay it, even after making the deal.  They bait and switched the device, they are still doing it on Craigs List, then did not honor the deal we had in place.  My daughter and I was ask to leave the store at that point.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2014 07:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fix-My-Cell/Indianapolis-Indiana/Fix-My-Cell-bait-and-switch-Indianapolis-Indiana-1135599. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fix My Cell