• Report: #201136

• Submitted: Fri, July 14, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, July 14, 2006

• Reported By:McAllen Texas
Flamingo Pools
721 W. Dove McAllen, Texas U.S.A.

RGV Flamingo Pools International, RGV Gomez Enterprises Lie, appt no shows, false claims, harassing, cheats, false billing, and more McAllen Texas

*Author of original report: More Lies :)

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Flamingo Pools ,McAllen, Texas

This company lied to me from the start. They don't show for appointments with no calls, they claimed work not done, they sent me false bills once they realized they could not fix the problems they created. Mark, an employee, claimed to be the GM and part owner and is neither.

Dennis, the owner, lies about a lot. He has a very bad reputation here and the local News did a story on him and caught him lying and treating another customers poorly. The news received a wave of emails from other customers after the story aired.

They have many, many complaints with the BBB. They are in bad standing with the State taxing authorities. Dennis lies and says it is not true, but you can see for yourself. He is not in touch with reality at all. I am filing a DTPA suit and others are coming forward. I am waiting for them all.

They have slandered me by calling me a profiteer looking for a payday, how juvenile is that. They also terminated me as a customer because I don't speak Spanish. It just does not stop. They threatened to file suit against me for non payment of the bills they made up, but did not and cannot because they know they are false.

They lied to the BBB and will lie to anyone about anything, according to the people with whom I have spoken. They violate DTPA advertising laws by claiming they have the cheapest chemicals when most others are cheaper. The owner told me his chemicals were the cheapest. It is even in a yellow pages ad.

This is false and they claim it as puffery, but even a non lawyer can read the statute and see it is not covered.
Bottom line is watch out for this company!!!

They have liars on staff, poor management, poor service, poor sales, and poor customer service. It is outrageous how a lot of pool companies treat and lie to people, but even these folks take it to a new high.

Terry
McAllen, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2006 05:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Flamingo-Pools/McAllen-Texas-78501/RGV-Flamingo-Pools-International-RGV-Gomez-Enterprises-Lie-appt-no-shows-false-claims-201136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Flamingo Pools

More Lies :)

AUTHOR: Terry - ()

Hello,

In response to their complete lies you may do the following. Everything is public record. They have a horrible record with the BBB, Channel 4 news has done several stories on them for the same issues, and the lawsuit was filed in the small claims court of Judge Mary Alice Palacios in Hidalgo County and I won. After I wrote my initial complaint here, they tried to sue me. It was Flamingo Pools vs Terry Perez. That's right, they try to sue me after I complained to the BBB about their crappy repair work. An employee, Chris Meyers, showed up on their behalf. At least he swore under oath and in writing he was an employee, whether he actually was or not I do not know. You do not have to wonder whom to believe, all you must do is simply check for yourself.

Bottom line is I have proof of what I say and they do not. I always had problems with payments because they were always charging me for things they did not do. They broke my pool filter and then tried to fix it but couldn't so they tried to walk away. When I began complaining, they tried to charge me for the work they did trying to repair what they broke. The Judge saw right through their little scam and ruled in my favor on that and on my counter claim. I never did a re-plaster, I had Hamlin Pools put in a new one.

Facts speak for themselves and bottom line is everything I say can be proven. If they are not careful and tell another lie here in writing I will sue them for slander and win again. It's just that easy and I would strongly recommend removing the lies you have told here before I feel compelled to file anyway now.

You don't have to listen to just me, there are many others who say the exact same thing. BEWARE!

#2 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Flamingo Pools ,McAllen, Texas

AUTHOR: FLAMINGO POOLS - ()

As always, we welcome all feedback and would like to proceed in addressing any and all complaints, grievances and dissatisfaction to the best of our ability.

In our 33 years of business, and 6,200 pools later, we still lament any displeasure on behalf of any Flamingo Pools customer. Our career has been a long one, but we remain apologetic to those few case-specific clients who may have been and remain disgruntled.

Firstly, Flamingo Pools would like to state that our company did not build the complainant's pool, but rather serviced it for a total of six months. While our company no longer consists of a service department, our archived records show that the complainant was habitually behind on payment.

Our records also indicate that the complainant's pool, at the time, was over twenty years old and in need of a re-plaster job, which our company opted not to undertake. Our company reserves the right to decline business accordingly and decided, as several service companies prior to us, to cancel the complainant from our service route.

No lawsuit between the complainant and Flamingo Pools has ever existed. Additionally, our company does not presently sell retail chemicals.

We are always grateful for the opportunity to respond to feedback and will always do so.

(Consider the source? Rip Off Report's rating with the BBB in Arizona, where they're based out of http://www.bbb.org/central-northern-western-arizona/business-reviews/information-bureaus/rip-off-report-in-tempe-az-3008667/)