Complaint Review: Flat Creek Trucking

• Updated: Thu, February 07, 2008

• Reported By:Hixson Tennessee
Flat Creek Trucking
Kinston, Alabama U.S.A.

Flat Creek Trucking, Charles Patterson Trucking It's all about his money not yours Kinston Alabama

I needed a job and Patterson trucking seemed like a nice down home outfit. I applied and after the drug test, before the results, I was on my way to LA hauling chickens. I felt a little uneasy about all this. Seemed every time I saw a cop they were taking a hard look at me. I would soon find out why.

Big Charles always pays the same on chickens to the west coast. Didn't matter if you deadheaded to Atlanta or Arkansas, he still payed $2100.00 to the truck. When I started you could run solo and be home in a week. I never made a $1000.00 on a trip and he had hold outs. He would take $25.00 per trip till you reached a hold back of 2500 dollars. This was to pay for damage or shortage. Seemed l;ike all the other truck drivers out in California were getting as much as a thousand dollars for the same loads going the same places, but Patterson said the rate was down with too many trucks in the area.

I went for this for a whilel and then I asked a broker what the rate was and he told me that Patterson had told him not to tell the drivers what the rate was. Got me to thinking. So now it seemed there was a conspiracy against the drivers. The owner and the broker were both stealing from the driver.

The end of this story is that after months of not making any money I quit. When I got my final check. Yes I did get one, it was about $600.00 dollars short. As usual, Charles puts his hacks to work speaking for him. Ask payroll why. I did and was told I had three claims. I told em not true, I had no claims turned in on me. Oh yes I did they said. The bottom line was they offered me less than twenty dollars to forget it. I told em they better not send me less than what they owed me and true to their word ... they didn't send me anything.

Drivers beware! Big Charles and his dorkey son Little Charles are criminal. Charles (big) was under house arrest for a time and he has now put the entire company in his daughters name. He isn't allowed to do business under his name. If you are debt free .... work for him... when you leave , GOOD LUCK!

Hixson, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2008 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Flat-Creek-Trucking/Kinston-Alabama/Flat-Creek-Trucking-Charles-Patterson-Trucking-Its-all-about-his-money-not-yours-Kinston-307007. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Flat Creek Trucking