Complaint Review: Fleet Bank

• Submitted: Thu, January 03, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, January 03, 2002

• Reported By:Manchester NH
Fleet Bank
DW Highway Hooksett, New Hampshire U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Fleet Bank New Hampshire Rip off

First timer on ripoffreport.com and noticed some other fleet bank complaints. I found this funny because my wife and I had a horrible time with them last year and feel it is worthy of still mentioning.

Last year at Christmas, 2000 we received various monetary gifts from family. Among those items was a $100 bill. We deposited the checks and the $100 bill at our local ATM location. We did it together one morning and had deposited checks regularly in the ATM locations to avoid lines at the drive-up windows. I don't know if we had ever put cash in before, but we were putting in all our X-Mas loot.

A few days later we received a letter from Fleet stating $100 had been removed from our account. When I called to investigate, we were told the $100 wasn't in the envelope. We contested this and they redebited the $100 during the investigation. 2 weeks later the $100 was withdrawn again and we were told that the investigation indicates the $100 wasn't there. That was that, no other discussions about it. I told the person on our phone we would be withdrawing all our funds. She didn't care.

We opened a new bank account immediately. Waited for our outgoing checks to clear thru Fleet and withdrew everthing we had at fleet. No one at the branch office even asked why. We aren't wealthy, but between savings and checking it was over $20,000. I would think that would merit a question. We never bounced a check and we're textbook customers. Had a sizeable savings account getting less than 1% interest and Fleet didn't give us the benefit of the doubt on the $100.

I would have been happy with a $100 worth of free checks or waiving our online banking fees a few months. We are very reasonable. I hated changing accounts because it is a huge pain in the rear. I felt they gave me no choice. If I had stayed, I would feel like a sucker. Citizens Bank has a commercial that asks "What has your bank done for you lately?" and we always say "Steal from Us".

Anyhow, the security isn't good at the fleet atms because I would bet much more that a fleet employee stole our $100.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fleet-Bank/Hooksett-New-Hampshire/Fleet-Bank-New-Hampshire-Rip-off-10480. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fleet Bank