license

• Web:
  • Category: Banks

Fleet Bank Fleet / Heath Verberg Ripped Me Off

*0:

On Sept.26, I deposited my 200.00 cash deposit into the ATM in Woburn, just as I had been doing for several months. My account was credited my 200.00. The following day when I checked my balance, the account said ATM reversal and had debited the 200.00 from my account.

When I called to question this, I was told the envelope was empty. I was stunned. I had put my two one-hundred dollar bills in the atm and even had a witness to it. I deposited my money in the Woburn branch but was told the Malden, MA branch said the envelope was empty.

Fleet gave me a provisional credit and told me that security tapes, cash logs and other items would be reviewed. I felt relieved because I knew that I had put the money in the envelope and surely a bank wouldnt lose or steal a customer's money.
Well, I was wrong! Fleet reversed the provisional credit. I was mailed a copy of the Malden cash log and my envelope with a hand written "empty cash" on it.

I called the number on the letter. I had explained that I didnt feel this was proper proof of an empty envelope.
Well, I was mailed the same information again.

I closed my savings account. I have yet to close my checking account, because I am still trying to resolve this issue. No one from Fleet can help. They tell me to keep writing letters-maybe you will get somewhere. I had been told that Heath Verburg was President by one of the customer service reps that I spoke with. I thought it strange that the president signs his letters with the title manager if he is a president.

I have spoken with numerous people at Fleet, no one can help me, or even wants to help resolve this. I am given incorrect, sometimes sarcastic information.

I was speaking with someone and told them, perhaps the money was stolen, I was told this is impossible. "A bank could not stay in business if they ever stole from someone" I responded that they could if they just told the customer "too bad" like they were doing to me!

I have written to Heath Verberg, his associate Maria, a president who I am told Heath reports to, and the BBB in Rhode Island.

I am hoping to get my money back from Fleet. I feel so angry that Fleet would be so careless with my hard earned money, and so unwilling to help resolve the matter!

Cheryl Cummings

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fleet-Bank/Rhode-Island/Fleet-Bank-Fleet-Heath-Verberg-Ripped-Me-Off-8617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fleet Bank