Complaint Review: Fleet Bank

• Submitted: Wed, February 20, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, April 13, 2002

• Reported By:belleville il
Fleet Bank
PO Box 17192 Willimington, Delaware U.S.A.

Fleet Bank is an fraud that should be shut down!

*Consumer Suggestion: Stay away from anything remotely related to Fleet Bank

*Consumer Suggestion: Stay away from anything remotely related to Fleet Bank

*Consumer Comment: take responsibility

In 1999, my wife received an offer from Fleet Bank for a credit card with a $4,000 limit and a 7% interest rate. This rate was better than our auto loan so we applied for the card and were approved. We used the credit to transfer the ballance of our auto loan to the card. All was well for about 6 months until I received a bill and noticed our interest had jumped to 26%. About a week later we received a revized cardholder agreement. We didn't agree to the new terms of the agreement when we signed the origional agreement so should we be subject to the terms of the new agreement. I called the jerks at Fleet and was told that they had found some adverse activity on our credit report. A little background on this, this card and the auto loan were the only things on the credit report and the auto loan was paid in full! I asked to see the adverse activity and havn't received anything in the mail yet. I think everyone that has been screwed by Fleet Bank should file a class action law suit for their unethical behavior. All in favor, file a Rip Off Report and we'll get together.

Justin
Belleville, Illinois e

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fleet-Bank/Willimington-Delaware-19850/Fleet-Bank-is-an-fraud-that-should-be-shut-down-14608. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fleet Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Stay away from anything remotely related to Fleet Bank

AUTHOR: E - ()

I cannot even begin to tell you the horrible experiences I have had with Fleet Bank. Had I known ahead of time about their predatory lending and shady tactics, I would have steered clear of them completely. They are liars, thieves and cheats. I remember when I first went to Fleet to open a checking and savings account. I walked in and went right to the woman responsible for opening new accounts and told her I wanted to open a checking and savings account. I had 36,000.00 to deposit. Not a fortune, I know, but I would bet it was more than SHE could pull out of HER account. When I looked over my paperwork at home, I saw that she only opened a checking account. I went back the next day and she was not there. The branch manager told me that she was having trouble understanding what I wanted because my daughter(who had sat patiently throughout the whole process) had been talking while we were opening the account. I looked at him and said "I walked in, sat down and said 'I want to open a CHECKING and SAVINGS account' what is there that cannot be understood?" He hemmed and hawed and I wish I had dropped them right then and there and not continued any farther with the mortgage process I had begun with them weeks prior. They ended up screwing us royally. My story is on another report at this site. Anyone who wants to begin a class action lawsuit against these losers, I am game. Fleet needs to be brought down!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Stay away from anything remotely related to Fleet Bank

AUTHOR: E - ()

take responsibility

AUTHOR: nichole - ()

Justin,

Regardless of what financial institution you apply for a credit card with, the standard procedure is to do a credit check.

If that credit check shows activity that you disagree with, and choose to dispute that is your responsibility. The "jerks" at Fleet do not have the authority to do it for you. Also why would you expect to receive anything in the mail from Fleet? They are not the company that placed that information on your credit report. It seems your anger in this situation is misplaced.

Contact the credit-reporting agency. Disputed information must be resolved with the bureau that supplied the information. There are three major reporting agencies. I've supplied their numbers for you:

Equifax at 1-888-781-8688