Complaint Review: Fleet Bank

• Updated: Sat, July 20, 2002

• Reported By:Sherborn MA
Fleet Bank
www.fleet.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Fleet Bank Fleet is a ripoff that bounces my checks even though I have funds in the account. Brockton, MA

I opened a new checking account with Fleet Bank. I deposited about $6000.00 in the account recently. I received a letter dated 7/5/02 stating that the checks would not be credited until 6 business days, apparently because it was a new account. That was OK.

I wrote a check to myself to deposit some funds in another checking account I have with Fleet Bank. By this time the funds were listed as "available." However, Fleet returned this check unpaid, and my second account is now overdrawn.

Fleet customer service told me that there is a "debit hold" on the account, for reasons unknown. This means that I can put money into the account, but can't take it out. They told me that a customer service representative from the Brockton branch, where the account was opened, would call me back, but no one did, and when I called back, the branch was closed.

They tell me that I have to go to the Brockton office to find out why my checks are being bounced. There is still well over $5000 in the account, listed as "available." However, according to the "debit hold" I can't get it out.

George
Sherborn, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2002 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fleet-Bank/nationwide/Fleet-Bank-Fleet-is-a-ripoff-that-bounces-my-checks-even-though-I-have-funds-in-the-accoun-25001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fleet Bank