Complaint Review: Fleet C.C.

• Submitted: Thu, January 15, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, January 15, 2004

• Reported By:Antelope California
Fleet C.C.
Po Box 15368 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Fleet C.C. charges late fees when I never recieved a statement. Fleet fleeced me! Wilmington Delaware

It started back in April '03 when we received a check in the mail for $3,000 from Fleet. We were a little in debt and needed to pay it off so we cashed the check to pay off other debt (first mistake). We received 2 statements and paid them on time, than we moved into our first home. I put my change of address on my last statement I received.

Over the next 2 months I NEVER received another statement until I called them to find out why? They said they have been mailing our statements to our old address HOWEVER they weren't forwarded. At the same time some of my mail was stolen from my old address, such as credit card flyers and someone used them to open a CC in my name. So the statements could have been stolen too, no one will ever know.

They since caught the people who used my identity and that issue has been resolved. The Fleece issue hasn't been. They started charging me late fees for the months I missed. When I called them and told them I never received a statement they said to pay the amount I had missed and all would be fine BUT they wouldn't take away the late fees even though it was there fault for not mailing me a statement. I paid it over the phone and they never took the money out of my account AGAIN charging me late fees whic hiked my charges WAY over my limit which piled on more fees for being over my limit.

Than began the harrasing phone calls from Fleece, sometimes 2-3 a day saying I owed them 276.00 of late charges. So, again I fell victim to them again paying over the phone, giving my bank account info. over the phone, AGAIN not taking the money out. This has happened two other times since than with the same result. I have talked with supervisors, gotten in screaming matches over the phone with their HORRIBLE customer service department. One time after talking with a supervisor he promised me 0% interest rate till my CC had been paid off for all the trouble i been having.

All I had to do was pay over the phone, again they never took the money out. One of their excuses for not taking the money out was that i had switched banks BUT I had to because of my Identity theft problem I had and I didn't want to take the chance of them having my bank info too. That wasn't a good explanation on my behalf though because the late fees and charges piled on. My last and I mean my last phone payment was made on New years Eve day and wouldn't you know it they STILL haven't taken the money out of the bank, this being 1/15/04. Keep in mind too that I have kept up on my payments every month as well. The money has always been in the bank and I have the bank statements to prove it.

STAY AWAY from this company and their bad business practices. My only wish is that I would have known about this lawsuit so I could have gotten in on it.

Jeff
Antelope, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2004 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fleet-CC/Wilmington-Delaware-19886-5368/Fleet-CC-charges-late-fees-when-I-never-recieved-a-statement-Fleet-fleeced-me-Wilmingt-77127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fleet C.C.

modest