• Report: #112080

• Submitted: Fri, October 08, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, October 08, 2004

• Reported By:Palm Desert California
Fleet Credit Card Services
P.O. Box 15116 Wilmington, DE, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-833-6980
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Fleet Credit Card Services When Bank of America took over Fleet they changed the terms of my agreement without notifying me They raised my interest rate and falsely claimed terms had always been variable Wilmington California

I have had a Fleet Credit card for years with a fixed rate of 7.99%. When Bank of America took over they raised my interest rate and changed the terms to "variable" without notifying me.

When I noticed the rate on my bill, I contacted Fleet and was told of the change in ownership, but they denied a change in terms. I was told on Sept. 20, that I had always had a variable rate, but that rates had remained low until now. I disagreed and told her I would close my account.

The rep then promised to give me an introductory interest rate for one year. On Oct. 8, I called and was told no change in rate had been made and also admitted there had, in fact, been a change in terms.

Obviously, I will close this account and feel I can't do anything except vent my unhappiness with such unethical business practices.

Palm Desert, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2004 10:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fleet-Credit-Card-Services/Wilmington-DE-California-19886/Fleet-Credit-Card-Services-When-Bank-of-America-took-over-Fleet-they-changed-the-terms-of-112080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fleet Credit Card Services