Complaint Review: Fleet Credit Card Services

• Submitted: Sat, August 28, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, September 26, 2004

• Reported By:Coarsegold California
Fleet Credit Card Services
P.O. Box 15167 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Fleet Credit Card Services ripoff: Advertised 0%, then excluded transfers, claim I am now late, after I paid off balance, never sent a previous bill. Wilmington Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Fleet Class Action Settlement Pending about APR bait and switch

I applied for the fleet 0% card only to find out that balance tx were excluded, so I receied a hugh balance transfer charge with a higher intest rate. I called and was informed I needed to obtain the orginail letter to prove the 0% intrest. I paid off the fleet card with a 2nd the next month. Now I am getting letters that say I'm over due and I need to send a payment right away to aviod late fees etc. I can't imagine owing them any money furthur I have never received a bill, till this letter saying I'm late.

Todd
Coarsegold, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2004 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fleet-Credit-Card-Services/Wilmington-Delaware-93614-9663/Fleet-Credit-Card-Services-ripoff-Advertised-0-then-excluded-transfers-claim-I-am-now-105879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fleet Credit Card Services

Fleet Class Action Settlement Pending about APR bait and switch

AUTHOR: Judith - (U.S.A.)

Todd, I received a notice that about a class action settlement for anyone who opened a credit card account with Fleet Bank after it offered a "FIXED" APR and Fleet later changed that APR between January 1, 1999 and March 4, 2004. It states, "you could get money from a class action settlement". Of course, accepting the settlement would cause me to forfeit the right to sue Fleet about the APR issue. A hearing will be held Nov. 22, 2004 at 10:00 a.m. to decide whether to approve the settlement. Appeals must be postmarked no later than Jan. 21, 2005. The address to mail the claim form is: Settlement Administrator, P.O. Box 37018, Philadelphia, PA 19122. You can get more information at www.aprsettlement.com or get information about the settlement at 1-800-945-9908.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC