Complaint Review: Fleet Credit Card

• Submitted: Wed, July 07, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, July 07, 2004

• Reported By:Waukegan Illinois
Fleet Credit Card
PO Box 17185 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Fleet Credit Card Closing Accounts and being rude to customers Wilmington Delaware

I received my card the week of July 11 2004. I had some car repairs done, bought some craft supplies and other misc. I had a limit of 4000.00 with about 1900.00 balance left. I tried to use my card to obtain cash and was unable to get any. I called the company only to get drilled on where my previously lived, if I had a mortgage, and holds my car loan!!! I asked them why they needed this information and they stated it was because it's a new account.

Then they tell me they will get back with me and that my card is "pending". They were the ones who solicited me, stating that I was "pre-approved" for this platinum card!!! I had forgot the name of my car loan previously because I had obtained another car with another loan company which they did not have on file. I found the information and called them back with the car loan name I prevously held, only to be told that it was pending review and they could not put that information in.

So later this evening, not even 1 hour later, after reading these reports, I called them back realizing I had not received a statement from them. This one guy (darius or something like that) tells me "you've called twice already on this account" to which I replied "yes, but I have not received a statement yet". He was very rude, and told me "well your account is closed and a letter is being sent out" I told him "they said it was under review and a decision would take 72 hrs because my account was new". He started to get even more rude, at which time I said "all I want to know is when they are sending my statement out", to which he said "your account is closed, you will get a letter explaining why" then hung up on me!!!!

Why on earth would they entice you with a "pre-approved" card, you get it and use it, and in less than a month they decide to close you for using your card without even getting a SINGLE PAYMENT sent to them, much less even a statement!!!!!

I have never had problems with credit cards before, and why would they drill me with all these questions, then lie and automatically close the account!!!! I also had an authorized user on this account, and I know that was not a problem!!!

Saulius
Waukegan, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2004 06:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fleet-Credit-Card/Wilmington-Delaware-19850-7185/Fleet-Credit-Card-Closing-Accounts-and-being-rude-to-customers-Wilmington-Delaware-98014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fleet Credit Card