Complaint Review: Fleet Credit

• Submitted: Thu, March 25, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, March 25, 2004

• Reported By:pacifica California
Fleet Credit
Po Box 15368,, DE Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Fleet Credit Card Dis-services predetory practices and rip-off Wilmington Delaware

First note: I always pay at least double the minimum payment and am never late with any paymnents to anyone. UNTIL...

After transferring balances at very good rate to Fleet they began (i'v just discovered after two years)monthly monitoring - apparently for any excuse to change rates / terms. They also sent statement a week later than usual on at least two occasions. Once it caused me to overlook the "due" date and put it off a week. But I did send it in time (four working days) but they claimed not to have gotten it for 9 days and the "received day" noted was a Sunday! I suspect they set some stuff aside and process on Sunday causing a lateness. When I called them on it they withdrew the late fee but shortly after they reduced my credit limit (no changes in my credit history - except that) and later, without notice raised fees from about 1.9% to 23.02 and 25.02%.

The latest is I received a letter telling me that they would be closing my account on Feb. 29th. I received the letter March 14th.

I wrote advising them that their actions (as with lowering my limit and raising my rate) would cause me harm and to give me at least 30 days to address their issues.

A couple weeks later I get a letter saying they have tried repeatedly to reach me by phone (baloney - I have 2 lines, 2 answering machines and call-waiting) and that it was urgent that I call them. Number given was just the regular "customer dis-service" line. Finally got it that they were telling me that they would not be re-opening my account. I told them I'd be calling an attorney.

If any class action against them I want in!

Tim Williams

Tim
Pacifica, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2004 08:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fleet-Credit/Wilmington-Delaware-19886/Fleet-Credit-Card-Dis-services-predetory-practices-and-rip-off-Wilmington-Delaware-85431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fleet Credit