Complaint Review: Fleet Transmissions

• Reported By: msbhodge — Roanoke Virginia United States of America
Fleet Transmissions
1325 Williamson Road Roanoke, Virginia United States of America

Fleet Transmissions UnFair Repair Roanoke, Virginia

February of 2012 I had my 2000 Mitsubishi Galant towed to Fleet Transmission for auto repair. I was told By Mark that my car needed a new Timing Belt Kit and Timing Belt Tensioner. March 2012 I when to pick up my Vehicle and was charged $841.74 for the repair. September 2012 while driving home from work I noticed a noise coming from my car, from the area where it had been repaired at fleet transmission. I took my car back to them and told them that I think it may be something wrong with my car the noise is coming from the area they repaired. Glen (Tech) went outside and checked he agreed that something didn't sound right. He said that I would have to leave it with them for a day in order to see the issue. I explained to him I would have to make some arrangements and bring it in.  The next morning I called glen and asked him if I could go ahead and bring my car in that morning after work, he said that was fine. On my way to fleet my car wouldn't start. I called them and was told by Mark that if it was from the repair my parts are no longer covered under warranty. Which that my be "Fleet Transmissions" warranty but manufacture warranty on parts are usually covered for 1year.Mark said we dont know if it is one of the parts they repaired, could be something else wrong. So I would have to pay for a tow and repair. That same day I finally got my car towed back to fleet. Was told by Mark that it would be the following week before they could even look at my car because Glen (Tech) was going on Vacation. Major Inconvince for me I work 2 jobs and my car is my only means of transportation. So because he was going on vacation I had to wait. Unacceptable!!! Called the following week and spoke with glen said he had just got back and hasn't had a chance to look at my car. Which I got it towed there on Sept 19th and wasn't looked at until September 28th.
They admitted that the part they placed on my car in March was a bad part which they replaced but because the part was bad and I drove my car they are claiming that it's my fault. I think that is so unfair it wasn't my fault the part was bad and now I don't have to pay for a new tensioner but have to pay for a new motor. I don't feel as thou I should.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2012 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fleet-Transmissions/Roanoke-Virginia-24012/Fleet-Transmissions-UnFair-Repair-Roanoke-Virginia-948360. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fleet Transmissions