• Report: #120628

• Reported By:Beaverton Oregon
Fleet
www.fleet.com Internet U.S.A.

Fleet rip-off! Bait and switch victim. Internet

After receiving a credit card offer that clearly offered 0% on balance transfers for six months I found on my statement charges for 11.9 percent for the transfers. When I called customer service they told me that the deal that I got was for 0% purchases. In the purchases section of the statement it clearly marked 11.9% as well even though I had not purchased anything.

When I told them that I was neither getting the deal I signed up for, nor the deal they were claiming to be giving me, they told me that this 11.9% purchase rate was the regular variable rate and that it would take effect after six months even though it clearly stated 11.9% as the current rate on my statement.

Please warn everyone you know about fleets fraudulent business practices and lets hope that the many of us that are getting fleeced by fleet will be able to see justice through one of the many class action lawsuits against this corporate evil.

Karl
Beaverton, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2004 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fleet/internet/Fleet-rip-off-Bait-and-switch-victim-Internet-120628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fleet