Complaint Review: Flextronics International,Aerotek.

• Submitted: Thu, February 07, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 07, 2008

• Reported By:Louisville Kentucky
Flextronics International,Aerotek.
Commerce Crossing Dr, Louisville, Kentucky U.S.A.

Aerotek Staffing And Flextronics International Exploitation, Abuse Of Disabled Workers, Disability Discrimination. Unethical Business Practices, Illegal Louisville Kentucky

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Flextronics does treat their employees like TURD

*Consumer Comment: im sure the report is accurate

*Consumer Comment: The Most Important Part

*UPDATE Employee: Ridiculous Logic

This is the story of my experience when I applied for a job with Aerotek at Flextronics in Louisville Kentucky. When I went to the door the security officer handed me an application and told me that I had to fill it out in my car. It was raining and cold that day, and I had a terrible time going from the car to the reception area. I felt as though I were a thief trying to steal something. When I did get an interview there were 16 people interviewed at the same time and I was almost not called, really! It was as if nobody noticed I was there. When I spoke up I was interviewed and told to return in two days.

When I returned I went for a drug test (I Have Never Failed A Drug Test, Ever) and was told that a background check would be done. At that time I checked on the disclosure that I had a disability.

Note: I have an Associate in Applied Science degree With A+ Certification and 5 years of experience in computer technology. I am currently attending college working on my Bachelor Of Science Degree.

The following Monday I was called by a colleague who was in the same group with me who asked what had happened. I told him that I wasnt called. After
calling Aerotek I was told that my background check had taken longer that everyone elses and it wasnt known when I would get to start work. I knew this was a lie, but I didnt say anything. Later that week I called the recruiter who said that I had called too many times and that I was rude, and would not be hired. I knew then that my disability disclosure had doomed my chances to get a job. If you want to be treated like a person, avoid Aerotek.

These people are cold heartless, and dont care if you die so long as they make money. The recruiters I spoke to were Lauren King and another named Jenny Puta Estupida.

I will never forget these sad excuses for human beings. I ask anyone who reads this to send a fax and demand that Lauren King and Jenny Puta Estpida be held accountable for their crimes. These people must not be permitted to get away with this kind of abuse. We must send a clear message to these criminals that we the disabled workers of the United States will not stand silently by while criminals openly abuse us.

Living with a disability is living in pain. Society as we know it looks upon the disabled with disgust. The able bodied majority simply wish we would die.

Making a living with a disability is like pushing a peanut up a mountain with your nose.

Silent No More
Louisville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2008 09:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Flextronics-InternationalAerotek/Louisville-Kentucky-40229/Aerotek-Staffing-And-Flextronics-International-Exploitation-Abuse-Of-Disabled-Workers-Di-307193. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Flextronics International,Aerotek.

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Flextronics does treat their employees like TURD

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

I know who this guy is talking about. I have met the girls. they do seem a bit stuck up. but thats the way people at aerotek are. they all act like they have a frozen hot dog with splinters stuck up their butts. I have no doubt that the origional poster of this report above is telling the truth.

I used to work down at flextronics in Louisville, KY. they treat their employees very bad!

if you have to use the bathroom, you have to raise your hand like a little kid in kindergarten or you get fired. or they find any excuse they can to fire people. thats why their turn over is so high. they have to hold open interviews every week on tuesdays and thursdays because they cant keep their help. its been on going for at least 4 years straight now! they even picked on a 82 year old man and wrote him up for taking a 2 min break . The day after surgery he went back to work.. at the time you had to stand up all day. no chairs or benches to sit on. whether they got chairs in there or not by now I dont know. they were working on that back in April of 2008. supposedly. and for the people who did get chairs you had to take a class on how to sit in them.

I reccomend people there try to get a Union in that company. or Go on strike or something. They are horrible to work for!

im sure the report is accurate

AUTHOR: Jose - (U.S.A.)

I used to work at that God awful Place they treat their employees like dirt

The Most Important Part

AUTHOR: Jesse - (U.S.A.)

It seems that Joseph from Kentucky either had some genuinely bad service or he fabricated the whole incident. I read up to the names of the alleged Aerotek employees. Jenny Puta Estupida? That's Jenny "Stupid Whore" in Spanish. With all the bad reviews Aerotek gets, I wouldn't be surprised if their employees gave out fake names. I wouldn't be surprised if Joseph was making this all up out of boredom though. Either way, I bet Jeff from Wisconsin is feeling a bit silly now, defending these fake employees and all.

I personally just received a call from Aerotek and it sounded like the guy was drunk. I had to look up the number on my caller ID to find out what company he was even with because he was so incoherent. After all the bad reviews, I'm not so sure about giving them a call back.

Ridiculous Logic

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

Without knowing the specifics of your case I can only offer a number of things I found ridiculous about your report.

1. Because you didn't get the job, it HAD to be that you have a disability. It couldn't have been that you interviewed badly, came in a tshirt and shorts, weren't a good fit for the job, didn't meet requirements, etc. etc. I do not mean to accuse you of any of these things as I clearly do not know you, but to assume that it HAD to be one thing when it could have been 100 things is silly. You have no idea what went into their criteria, so how do you know why you didn't get the job?

2. Background checks often take over a week to conduct. All background checks are conducted by a third party, often of our client's choosing. Any incorrect information on your form (for example if you filled out the wrong high school graduation date by accident) will delay the results even moreso.

3. You mentioned a large number of people interviewing for the same position. Did you think that maybe 16 people were interviewing for 4 spots and 12 people wouldn't get it? What's more is that Aerotek does not make hiring decisions; Aerotek presents candidates to their clients, and the clients decide to hire them or not. This is called contracting and staffing.

Like I said, without knowing who you are or the specifics of your case, I cannot provide a specific reason to why you didn't get the job. However, neither can you, and supposition makes you look silly.