Complaint Review: Flight Centre

• Updated: Thu, February 03, 2011

• Reported By: Juan — North Sydney Other Australia
Flight Centre
york st Sydney, Select State/Province Australia

Flight Centre Flight Center, ripoff, bad customer service, rude, lies, fees, Sydney, Australia

The travel agent sold me an airfare ticket, accommodation and tour included in a trip from Sydney to London return.

After I paid for it in full, I had to cancel the whole trip due to unfortunate personal circumstances.

When I contacted the travel agent to cancel my trip and ask her what could be done and if I could get any money refunded she said she will contact the airline and call me back.

She called me back to say that the ticket was not refundable by the airline and all we could do was to re-book the ticket, accommodation and tour for later in the year and it had to be done immediately, transaction that due to circumstances would cost me extra $1800.

I contacted the airline before handing my credit card to Flight Centre to pay for the re-booking to find out that the ticket was refundable minus the cancellation fee (AU$220), then confronted the travel agent who transferred me to her manager who told me the person who gave me the information in the airline was wrong.

I contacted 2 more persons in the airline to confirm once again that the ticket was fully refundable minus the cancellation fee.

I have written emails that show how Flight Centre was taking advantage from the situation with lies to keep my money.

I have asked for the terms and conditions that state the refund conditions from the accommodation and tour and the Flight Centre cancellation fees in various occasions.

I was then transferred to their "customer relations" department who rather than addressing my concern has been completely rude and unhelpful and still unable to show me where this fees come from.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2011 02:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Flight-Centre/Sydney-Select-StateProvince-2000/Flight-Centre-Flight-Center-ripoff-bad-customer-service-rude-lies-fees-Sydney-Aus-690196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Flight Centre