Complaint Review: FlixAddict

• Submitted: Sun, June 17, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 15, 2012

• Reported By: Maria — Orlando Florida United States of America
FlixAddict

FlixAddict FlixAddict will get you! Pay even if you don't use it and there is no turning back! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Flixaddict Rip off

*Author of original report: Fair enough, Flixaddict resolved my situation

*UPDATE Employee: Support at Flixaddict

Don't get fooled by this "free trial" movie stream internet service. They will get you to pay no matter what. I was tricked into signing up for a free trial while looking for a TV show to watch online. They did not have that particular show, even though their advertisement popped up while I was searching for that show, then I left the site and forgot about it. But of course there is the fine print - if you do not cancel your "free trial" within so many days, you will be charged. OK, then I forgot to cancel, busy and all, then I see the charge on my account and I call to see if this can be refunded since I never used and do not intend to use the service (they most certainly can check that). But no, there is no way, they got your money and that's that. It's your problem that you forgot and the "grace period" passed. Customer Service at it's best! Pure and neat rip-off!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2012 08:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FlixAddict/internet/FlixAddict-FlixAddict-will-get-you-Pay-even-if-you-dont-use-it-and-there-is-no-turning-898692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FlixAddict

Flixaddict Rip off

AUTHOR: Neil-X - (United Kingdom)

Found a SciFi film on this site that I wanted to watch, registered for Pay As You Go, and then tried to get film. Unable to get film so contacted Support by phone and got through to technical. This turned out to be a call centre in Barbados and the people I spoke to said that they were not technical and no technical support existed. They had a short script to work to so that they could say that they did try to help you which was about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Also they said the film that I wanted was not on their database (seeing a common thread here), I queried the fact that it was on the Home page and I even watched the trailer and they fell quiet. The site had already taken a pound from my account so I did my homework (which is what I should have done before registering) and sure enough the scam is well documented and has been going on for years. Reading the post that I am replying to it looks as though the odd customer is refunded to appear to make all this look like a legitimate company. Most of the 99 out of 100 scammed people obviously do not want to waste any more time getting their money back so Flixaddict trouser the cash and get away with it. As it was only a pound (some folks got really unlucky and lost a lot more) it was a pound well spent to remind me to be more vigilant as there are many crooks on the web with no conscience stealing from people like me.

Fair enough, Flixaddict resolved my situation

AUTHOR: Maria - (United States of America)

After I filed the above report Flixaddict issued a refund to my account, maybe it was their Customer Service that was just bad. Which only proves that this site is very useful in keeping them in check. Hats down to the creators of this site. Companies should learn to respect customers.

Support at Flixaddict

AUTHOR: NickD - (United States of America)

Hello,

We would be glad to regulate and issue you may have with our service. If you have never used our service and forgot to cancel after the trial period feel free to contact me directly I'll be glad to help you. Normally clients don't know that we are here to make sure all our clients and members who try our service are 100% satisfied.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best,