Complaint Review: FlixAddict

• Submitted: Tue, December 11, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, December 11, 2012

• Reported By: Linda — Urbana Illinois United States of America
FlixAddict

FlixAddict IT IS A TOTAL AND COMPLETE RIPOFF. Charged me 39.90+1.20 USD when I didn't even download or watch one thing from the site. Internet

*Author of original report: They charged for december as well

I first signed up for the account thinking it since it provided free 5 day membership I could cancel if it was a scam. It CLEARLY did not actually have the stuff it promoted it as having. I was disgusted, and cancelled my "premium membership". This was on 21st October. I thought the matter was settled.

Lo and behold, on 12th november FlixAddict charges me both $1.20 for "international service fee" and $39.95, presumably for a membership I had cancelled but they had not registered. I went back to the site and again cancelled my "membership", but apparently they charge you $39.95 per month, so if next month they charge this amount again I will take further measures!

Very angry over the fraudulent site, and I would advise you to not even give the site a second glance. If you have been a victim, don't take it lying down and launch a report! Such a fraud for a site deserves to be dealt with legal consequences. I am contacting my friend who is in the legal profession.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2012 09:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FlixAddict/internet/FlixAddict-IT-IS-A-TOTAL-AND-COMPLETE-RIPOFF-Charged-me-3990120-USD-when-I-didnt-eve-980828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FlixAddict

They charged for december as well

AUTHOR: Linda - (United States of America)

After filing the report, I went back to check my flixaddict account, and I noticed they charged $39.95 for decmber AS WELL.

So 40 bucks was bad enough, but you want to get away with 80? TOTAL AND COMPLETE RIP OFF. IT IS A SCAM AND NOBODY SHOULD TRUST it. I also went online and saw that I was not the only person who got scammed:

This is FALSE ADVERTISING, and is ILLEGAL in CALIFORNIA AND CANADA.