Complaint Review: FloRd Agency

• Updated: Sat, November 07, 2009

• Reported By: RippedOff — Bay Shore New York USA
FloRd Agency
P.O. Box 480309 Delray Beach, Florida United States of America

FloRd Agency Ripped Off, Con-Artists, Flirtatious Solicitors, Young Thieves, Robbed Me, $100 into lieing hands. Delray Beach, Florida

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: No one..

*UPDATE Employee: do you always believe everything?

Well, where should I start?  2 teenage girls come knocking at my door and my husband answers.  They quickly become comfortable and start flirting with my husband in order to throw him their sales pitch, but my husband catches on quickly enough and gets me in on their little sale scheme.  They keep their comfort flowing and begin talking to me about their reason for their visit.

Their story as close as possible to what I can remember: "We are involved in an organization in which we are put out on the streets from state to state to try and earn enough credits towards a college scholarship.  See...I am from Florida and my partner here is from N. Carolina and we just graduated from H.S. and can't afford to go to College, so we are involved with a program which helps us earn scholarships for College."

I asked them what exactly they have to do or sell to earn those credits. Their answer as best as I can recollect: "Well, you have children right?" *My children were all around me.  One of the girls immediately pulled out what would interest my 10 yr old girl.  These girls were gitty and jumping around like fools.  They seemed to get real comfortable real fast.

Long story short...they had my daughter begging me and then had me interested in something for my 2 yr old toddler.  I felt that I would like to help them earn their credits for their scholarships, so I went ahead and agreed to the 2 different sets of books for my kids.  One set was $24.95 total and the other set was 65.00 total.  I gave them $90 in cash and they walked away gitty and happy comfortable enough to call me Mom and my kids their siblings.

Weird as it seemed...I still believed them until I recently came to talking about it with one of my neighbors.  Turns out that she questioned why she didn't receive her magazines yet and she decided to research the company.  It's because of that info that I am filing this report tonight.  She shared with me about the rip off, the scam, the lie we both fell for and the money we lost.

What can we do to get our money back and file a law suit?  We are thinking about going door to door to see who has fallen for the same lies and petitioning.  Anyone want to get together on this and make these people repay what they took from us?  Please respond.  We can't let them get away with this.  In today's economy, I find it very distasteful of people to go around doing that to families.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2009 09:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FloRd-Agency/Delray-Beach-Florida-33448/FloRd-Agency-Ripped-Off-Con-Artists-Flirtatious-Solicitors-Young-Thieves-Robbed-Me--511036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FloRd Agency

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

No one..

AUTHOR: BirdDog - (USA)

No one who ever knocks on your door wants your husband.  you can keep him.

Im no scammer, you'll get your magazines if you be patient.  As long as your address was real and written legibly there will be no problem.  And I never called you mom, never called your kids my siblings, and never batted my eyes at your husband.  My answer when you asked me how I earn my points was the same as the answer I give at every door I go to.  "Here's how I earn my points, they're kids books and magazines.  When you order one I get points.  How old are your kids?"

thanks for the points.  You'll get your books and Ill get my savings bond.  seriously.  Just read the receipt.  It says clearly it will take awhile.  "Allow approx. (90 to 120) days for delivery from final payment."  Plus one of those was bimonthly.

You should make sure you correct this post once you get your magazines because you're ruining our reputation unjustly.

do you always believe everything?

AUTHOR: magagent15 - (USA)

if you paid your magazine in full then you will recieve your magazines.....it hasnt been 90-120 days since those girls knocked on your door...

you dont know that they were telling you lies

all you know is what your neighbor told you and what you read on this site

gees, wont you feel like a tard when you get your stuff