Complaint Review: Flooring Depot

• Submitted: Sat, November 09, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, June 11, 2004

• Reported By:Livonia Michigan
Flooring Depot
32434 Grand River Farmington Hills, Michigan U.S.A.

Flooring Depot Rip-off A Flooring Disaster Farmington Hills Michigan

*Author of original report: They changed their name...

Flooring Depot in Farmington Hills, MI totally ruined my new kitchen floor...

Early this year we contracted with Flooring Depot to buy and install Armstong Laminate Flooring in our kitchen. Since we had just installed new cabinets there was no need to buy additional shoe molding as the cabinet installer left the shoe molding loose.

Flooring Depot did a trashy job installing this laminate floor. They left exposed areas around our base board heating unit and our stair railings. It looks terrible.

They left glue on the flooring which I cannot remove and the glued together edges of the floor are now buckling.

The installers made a huge mess on my front proch and left it that way.

On one of the stair moldings that they supplied, the nails are coming through the top of the molding.

After repeated attempts to get these minor details resolved, we gave up trying to contact them. We instead filed a complaint in late July with the Better Business Bureau.

Low and behold, at the end of September, Flooring Depot contacted us and decided to send out another installation crew to review the matter.

The crew came out and stated that we had a valid acomplaint and that part of the flooring should be removed and reinstalled. They said they would speak to the owner about about this and some of the other complaints we had.

A Week later we received a letter from the Better Business Bureau stating that the company said that they could do no more for us (whatever that means).

My guess is the only reason Flooring Depot recontacted us in September was because of our complaint to the BBB.

Before I contracted with this company, I checked them out with the BBB and was told that they are a "Member in Good Standing" which was the only reason I contracted with them.

I checked with the BBB in October to see if my complaint had changed their rating. Again there was no record of any complaint. The BBB is another story.

All I can say is do not use this company for Flooring. They did an absolutley horrible job and would not stand behind their workmanship.

Oh and to top it off....we highly suspect but cannot entirely proove...that their installers cut a small hole in the water line that runs from the refrigerator to the water supply under the sink when they nailed the molding down.

This small leak when undetected for six weeks because the water was soaking into the cement slab that the kitchen sits on. Finally when the cement slab could hold no more water, it started leaking through to our carpeting in the dining room which was ruined by the water. It also come up under the new kitchen flooring which caused more buckling. The floor is a total disaster!

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Livonia, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2002 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Flooring-Depot/Farmington-Hills-Michigan-48336/Flooring-Depot-Rip-off-A-Flooring-Disaster-Farmington-Hills-Michigan-34687. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Flooring Depot

They changed their name...

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

Flooring Depot has now changed their name to Farmington Flooring but it is still the same disaster company..BEWARE!!!