Complaint Review: Florida Biplanes

• Reported By: Peter — Texas United States of America
Florida Biplanes
475 Manor Drive Merritt Island, Florida United States of America

Florida Biplanes Jeff Hefner Dangerous Operation Merritt Island, Florida

I was looking forward to my 50th birthday present my wife paid for which was a ride in an old biplane operated by Jeff Hefner's company called "Florida Biplanes'.

We arrived on a sunny day in Oct'11 and met up with Jeff (owner) who seemed a nice chap, he took our money and without even a briefing of the plane (one we get all the time eslewhere) we found ourselfs strapped in and airborne.

Now I like having fun and excitment but the way in which the flight went I was terrifed my wife and I would die. We swooped down low over the water and chased some boats at water level, I asked why are you doing this? he said, well i crashed a floatplane down there earlier this year and was reliving the crash! Crashed I said! yep, and lived to tell the tale he said!

He kept on and explained what happened, I can't beleive he'd be so stupid as to tell me, why? probbaly to give us more of a thrill, not sure but when he mentioned he was a 737 Captian with Southwest Airlines I nearly died, especially when he admitted to crashing it!

He landed as quickly as he took off, run the plane straight into the hangar (inside the hangar!) where we were asked to go quickly because he had to go to work with SW. I commented I thought that ride was not safe, he laughed again and said - well I do what i want as the FAA can't touch me!

Honestly, if you want to have a thrill, it's the place for sure, but may I suggest not that pilot, because laughing how he crashed that plane is one thing, flying unsafe in my book is another!

I don't recommend them if you want to live long anyway

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2011 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Biplanes/Merritt-Island-Florida-32952/Florida-Biplanes-Jeff-Hefner-Dangerous-Operation-Merritt-Island-Florida-796643. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Biplanes