Complaint Review: Florida Center of Corporations

• Reported By: Snafood — Delray Beach Florida
Florida Center of Corporations
PO Box 290117 Davie, Florida United States of America

Florida Center of Corporations Certificate of Status scam Davie, Florida

I recently registered an LLC with the state, paying for certified copies of the the registration and a Certificate of Status.

Last week, I received a bill from the "Center of Corporations" for $54.47. The text in the invoice thanked me for forming my corporation with the state of Florida, and stated that there was one step left to receive my certified certificate of status. I was confused, since I had already paid the state, and in fact had already received my certificate.

When I called the Division of Corporations this morning, they asked me to read them the return address on the envelope and immediately stated that is was a scam and do not pay it.

My question is, if they are aware of this (and apparently it has been happening for some time), why can the state not shut them down for fictitious advertising and mail fraud?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2013 06:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Center-of-Corporations/Davie-Florida-33329/Florida-Center-of-Corporations-Certificate-of-Status-scam-Davie-Florida-1043610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Center of Corporations