Complaint Review: Florida Child Support

• Updated: Fri, May 13, 2011

• Reported By: Non Custodial — Richmond Hill Georgia United States of America
Florida Child Support
425 N. Orange Avenue Orlando, Florida United States of America

Florida Child Support Department of Revenue Child Support, Child Support taking not owed money Orlando , Florida

To start I have paid Child support for the past 20 years! Now the State of Florida has taken over $9000.00 in so called past due support!! even though the emancipation of the children have been over a year! I did loose my job at one point and was past due but only about $1200.00 Also I have court orders saying that no back support is owed and return moneys for over payment! Child support took payments past the date of the children's 18th birthdays for months. I set a court date to argue the amount owed and the day of court I was treated like a criminal a nobody and even though I had documentation to prove I am right they still say I owe. They intercepted my Tax refund for years during and I finally started getting returns and now it started again.

They so called did a audit but only went back to the last court date that had me in a past due amount. I have called and called the child support office and faxed all my documents to them to review and one person I spoke to said yes I see that it should $0.00 but it could be amounts from other support. She said she would look in to ti further and do a full case review! I never heard any thing back and now the child support office will not return any of my calls? I have been in such depression and aggravation with this case. It has caused a great deal of stress with my new family and young children. I have lost my home, car, bad credit, due to the State of Florida child support laws. I moved to a different state so I just can't run down to any local office.  I have no clue as to where I should turn. Help me please.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2011 10:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Child-Support/Orlando-Florida-32801/Florida-Child-Support-Department-of-Revenue-Child-Support-Child-Support-taking-not-owed-728764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Child Support