Complaint Review: Florida Cockapoos

• Updated: Wed, December 04, 2013

• Reported By: Maddys Mom — Massachusetts
Florida Cockapoos
Tarpon Springs, Florida USA

Florida Cockapoos Pat Jaimes, Cockapoos Maltipoos Tarpon Springs FL Heart Murmur, Unhealthy Tarpon Springs Florida

*General Comment: What the Complainer Says Cannot Be True

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Heart Murmur

Pat Jaimes in Florida @ Florida Cockapoos sold me a puppy with a heart problem. I have had to spend alot of money to repair the heart of my precious Maddy and possible lifetime medication.  Maddy is my life so of course I did what needed to be done to save her.  My vet says the heart problems Maddy has are hereditary so how can a decent breeder breed dogs with heart troubles to pass on to unsuspecting buyers like myself?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2013 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Cockapoos/Tarpon-Springs-Florida/Florida-Cockapoos-Pat-Jaimes-Cockapoos-Maltipoos-Tarpon-Springs-FL-Heart-Murmur-Unhealt-1104324. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Cockapoos

#1 General Comment

What the Complainer Says Cannot Be True

AUTHOR: Dee - ()

I know Pat @ Florida Cockapoos very well and there is absolutely no way she would let a puppy out of her care with any known issues. EVER.  She is a very caring animal lover and goes far beyond in the care of her animals.

The State of Florida requires her to take each puppy to the veterinarian prior to leaving her care for a full health exam & Health Certificate.  If ANY issues are found they are documented on the Health Certificate that is required to be given to the Buyer so fully disclosure on any health issues is given to the Buyer at time of pick up.

The Florida Puppy Lemon Law protects the Buyer in the instance Maddy's mom is describing.  She has recourse for money back and help from Pat @ Florida Cockapoos so there is no reason to come to ROR and air a grievance she has not discussed with the breeder!

Here is a link for the Florida Puppy Lemon Law.

paws-shelter.com/animal_services/florida_lemon_law.pdf

This is a malicious, mean spirited attack on Florida Cockapoos (by whom I do not know) but it is false and misleading.  This person wants to do harm and it is not justified.

Do not let this report sway you to not purchase a puppy from her!  There are MANY MANY happy families with her puppies and she will be happy to give you references, let you visit her and the dogs/pups and more.  Pat is a warm, caring, loving person when it comes to animals and in meeting and talking with her, you'll find I am right.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Heart Murmur

AUTHOR: Florida Cockapoos - ()

I am not aware of Maddy having a heart murmur.  I was not informed of the issue.  Had I been informed I would have done all I could to rectify the situation.  How can I help someone if they do not tell me.

I would like to see the vet records on this puppies heart murmur.  I don't know who Maddy's Mom is.  On the surface this looks like a false claim, however if this is indeed a real claim then why has she not contacted me ?  Why was I not informed.  She has a signed contract by me that she can inforce for hereditary issues.  Why has she not made this claim.

If she had contacted me I would have been happy to confirm the heart issue with my own veternary cardiologist and and if surgery was required then I would have paid for surgery.  Or I would have at least refunded their money, or offered another pet from a different litter to avoid the heart issue. I certainly would have worked with the client to do the best I could to rectify the situation however, I was not given the opportunity to do so.

I need more details on the heart murmur.  Was it just a juvenile heart murmur ?  This is common in puppies.  All heart murmurs are graded 1 thru 6.  6 being the most severe...what grade was she given by her cardiologist.  Not her vet since a vet is not qualified to give a detailed grade only a cardiologist can do that.  I just need to know more.

To place a report here first without so much as contacting me is very strange indeed.  I wonder about the validity of such a claim.

I am a decent breeder.  I would never knowingly breed a dog that produces heart murmurs.  How can I pull that mom from my breeding program if the client fails to tell me who it is.  I would like to see the original health certificate.