Complaint Review: Florida College Of Natural Health - Steiner Education Group

• Submitted: Thu, July 10, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, January 22, 2010

• Reported By:Sarasota Florida
Florida College Of Natural Health - Steiner Education Group
616 67th Street Circle East Bradenton, Florida U.S.A.

Florida College Of Natural Health - Steiner College - Steiner Education Group is deceptive irresponsible and a pathetic exuse of a career college! Bradenton Florida

*Consumer Comment: Former Student Agrees

*Consumer Comment: Steiner Education Group Sore Spot in Baltimore

*Consumer Comment: to dawn in lake mary

*Consumer Comment: I feel the same....

*Consumer Comment: Your not alone!

*Consumer Comment: Wow.... Shocking Info!!

*Consumer Comment: I had the same experience - how can I contact you?

Dear future and fellow students please be advised that if you want a real education then you need to attend another school. I enrolled in the Paramedical Skin program in hopes of learning all the latest and greatest advancements in the skin care feild. Once I started the program back in October I started to see red flags. I heard some other girls saying that they felt that they hadn't learned anything in the seven months they had attend the classes. Since I was new to the program I thought that they were just being negative and minded my own business.

Fast forward seven months and I am that older classmate that can't believe I am just about done my program and have used a microdermabrasion machine maybe once, not once did we go over advanced make-up, pre post operative care was one of my classmates mothers came in to talk about her facelift which the student arranged. HIV education was another class mate that organized a speaker to come in from planned parenthood. The list can go on forever.

The reason for posting this letter is because I didn't just complain to my fellow students I made requests for a second teacher in our class because our teacher has been ill and unreliable to say the least. I also requested that we get updated books we are supposed to be learning advanced peels but we don't even have the materials or the product half the time to use. I know I am not the only student that feels this way. We have paid over $20000 for an education that could of cost $2000 at the local vocational school. If I wanted a subpare education then I would of attended one of those schools.

I don't feel that my expectations are too high because Steiner (FCNH) are the ones that set those expectations. They were supposed to be the best and I expect the best. Florida College has great potential to be a wonderful school but, the teachers have given up asking for what they need to be sucessful because they are constantly ignored. I have spent so much more money and time trying to get the education that I should have been getting this past nine months by signing up for shows and workshops in hopes to gain enough knowledge to feel confident in my skills to start my career.

Please contact me if you are a student past or present I am organizing a lawsuit against this school for a breech of contract. If you are a student at any campus and you feel the same or you have anything thoughts to add. By going forward with this lawsuit I hope that Steiner/FCNH will change the program to reflect what they are selling a Paramedical Program. Which will entail LED, Microdermabrasion, Pre post op care, Injectables, advanced hair removal, advanced make-up, and the list goes on. I hope to hear from you soon.

Kira Y
Sarasota, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2008 05:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-College-Of-Natural-Health-Steiner-Education-Group/Bradenton-Florida-34208/Florida-College-Of-Natural-Health-Steiner-College-Steiner-Education-Group-is-deceptive-349811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida College Of Natural Health - Steiner Education Group

Former Student Agrees

AUTHOR: Gina T. - (United States of America)

I agree with this statement above 100%!  I had an absolutely horrible experience at the College in Orlando. Its funny how its a totally different campus but almost exactly the same experience!! My teacher quit in the middle of the course. WE recieved an UNQUALIFIED teacher in the lab portion of the course who was a student of the school less than 2 years prior, and a massage therapist in the class potion of the course, who knew absolutely nothing about skincare.  We barely covered all the course silibus and it wasn't thorough.  There are soooo many other things i can say that went wrong and made the class not worth even a quarter of what I paid!! Please give me your info to contact you because i would like to know more about the lawsuit!

Steiner Education Group Sore Spot in Baltimore

AUTHOR: Bigredd - (United States of America)

Hello,  i just read your report and it touched a sore spot!

We too are having the same kind of issues in the Baltimore School. I have been a student there for the last 5 months in their Massage Therapist Program - books and uniforms took forever to come in, not enough chairs for the students to sit on, cant keep one steady instructor for a full term in some of the classes, half of them dont know how to teach a class, the good ones dont stay long, and you get the political mumbo-jumbo run around when you make a justified complaint!

Oh yes the sales staff is awesome bringing us in and then you never see them again! They dont seem to remember you once they have your money. It is so sad and something really needs to be done about it

Everyone please be careful and dig deeply into the school and program before you sign on the dotted line!

to dawn in lake mary

AUTHOR: Kelsey Momo - (U.S.A.)

hi i just went to the maitland campus today for the massage therapy program. can you tell me a little more about your experience there and why it was unsatisfactory ?

I feel the same....

AUTHOR: Dawn - (U.S.A.)

Please contact me, I am filing a complaint against the Maitland campus as well. I'm not sure what is wrong with this entire company but it has left a bad taste my mouth and all the people that have signed my complaint.

Email me (((ROR REDACTED)))

Your not alone!

AUTHOR: Maria G - (U.S.A.)

Please check out www.studentsagainststeiner.com. How can we get in touch?
Website still under construction.

Wow.... Shocking Info!!

AUTHOR: Nikki - (U.S.A.)

Hello, and Thank You for your report!!!

I recently went on a tour of the Sarasota Campus and I was actually going to sign up for the "Basic Skincare" course. BUT.... after reading your comment I am going to keep searching for a BETER school. I must say I was sold on attending, it looked like a great place! Can you recommend another school? How about Aveda? I am just looking for a good school, one that will teach you EVERYTHING they preach!!!

Also: How have you made out with the training you DID recieve at FCNH?

I had the same experience - how can I contact you?

AUTHOR: Sold Lies Too - (U.S.A.)

I just found this website and your report. I tried to create a report (it seemed like that is the appropriate response) but nothing happened when I tried so I am posting as a rebuttal.

Kira,

We had the same experience...I have a lot of information.

I don't know how this website works. Can we contact each other directly?