Complaint Review: Florida Corvettes

• Updated: Sun, January 27, 2013

• Reported By: Bob — davie Florida United States of America
Florida Corvettes
525 E. Jackson Street Internet United States of America

Florida Corvettes John many excuses, long wait time, wrong product finally sent, blaims me, promises refund, makes a joke about the purchase, Internet

I ordered a custom painted spoiler on ebay from Florida Corvettes.  I paid $424.92 for the spoiler through my Pay Pal account.  Delivery time was advertised as 11 - 15 days.

I became concerned on day 18 of the order, not having received the order, or hearing from John at Florida Corvettes about the delay.  So I  emailed Florida Corvettes reagarding the delay.  He emailed back to me that the delivery days are only "estimates" and that tracking would be sent when the part ships.  Let me just say Florida Corvettes ebay ad says nothing about shipping day "estimates".  On day 19 of the order I once again emailed Florida Corvettes for a more definitive delivery date or a total refund.

John then emailed me back with the excuse of "custom orders take time".  This is now 4 days after HIS advertised delivery time.  By this time I received my credit card statement showing Floida Corvettes had my $424.92.

I then emailed John at Florida Corvettes that I will give his company 5 mores days on my order or open a claim on ebay.  Also stating "please no more excuses".   Exactly 5 days later the spoiler arrived.  I had placed the order January 20, 2012  and it FINALLY arrived February 22nd.  Some 34 days had passed since I placed the order.  That's 19 days over his advertised 11 - 15 days until delivery.

That being inexcusable in itself, the spoiler arrived painted the WRONG COLOR.  I immediately opened a claim on ebay.  I asked for a full refund.  I then heard from Florida Corvettes.  Upset that I opened an ebay claim, but stated send the item back and I will receive a full refund.

I shipped the spoiler back to Florida Corvettes the same day.  Florida Corvettes track record is now LATE and WRONG. John's own words regarding my refund were "you got it".  That was February 27th, 2012.  According to shipping records the returned spoiler arrived at Florida Corvettes on February 29th, 2012.

I closed the claim on ebay once promised the refund from John at Florida Corvettes.   Some 1 year later I have not received my full refund.   John's "you got it" in reference to my refund, goes to show you the lack of character and lack of knowledge in how to run a business.

Since I closed the claim on ebay I cannot re-open it due to some obscure policy.  So buyer beware if you plan on dealing with John at Florida Corvettes.  His word means nothing.  He is a liar and a thief!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2013 03:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Corvettes/internet/Florida-Corvettes-John-many-excuses-long-wait-time-wrong-product-finally-sent-blaims-1004197. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Corvettes