Complaint Review: Florida Credit Union

• Updated: Thu, July 18, 2013

• Reported By: norma — ocala Florida
Florida Credit Union
9680 sw 114th street Ocala, Florida USA

Florida Credit Union Did not honor contract that was SOLICITED by them. JOINT credit life ins. Ocala Florida

*Consumer Comment: Take them to small claim court

I am writing a complaint, since I got no where reporting my problem to FCU, State of Fl. Finance regulation Dept. or BBB.
  My husband and I were SOLICITED to purchase joint credit insurance when we applied for a car loan in 2009. We rec'd all the paperwork at time of loan with exception of the credit life application. The last thing I asked them was ARE WE BOTH COVERED, yes was the answer. My husband died in 2013, I called FCU to check on insurance to pay off loan, yes you were both covered bring in death certificate. I do that, oh no your husband was over the age limit. he was not covered, we did not take out any premiums for him. (the monthly pymt. was still the same as we contracted for). I asked for copy of credit life application. The box is checked off for JOINT. We both signed right above our dates of births, so age was not a mystery to the FCU. There was an age limit tucked away on that form which neither of us noticed, and NO ONE at FCU mentioned, then or EVER. I believe they have the liability to pay off the loan under the circumstances, they FAILED to tell us of the error on the paperwork, that they accepted at the time of application. I do not believe the consumer should be liable for the error of the bank, and NO communication about it what so ever. FCU do the right thing honor YOUR obligation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2013 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Credit-Union/Ocala-Florida-34481/Florida-Credit-Union-Did-not-honor-contract-that-was-SOLICITED-by-them-JOINT-credit-life-1068128. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Credit Union

Take them to small claim court

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

You could take them to a small claim court. However, if at the time you and your husband signed the contract, your husband age was eligible, then I am not sure what the outcome would be. You may receive only the overpaid amount during the time his age went over. Who knows, but it should be worth a try.

Asia