grown

• Submitted: Fri, June 16, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, June 16, 2006

• Reported By:titusville Florida
Florida Department Of Revenue
florida Department Of Revenue.com Cocoa, Florida U.S.A.

Florida Department Of Revenue allowing fraud of child support payments Ripoff Cocoa Florida

The Florida Department of Revenue allowed a family member who did not have any type of custody of my child to apply, go to court and ordered child support payments to be sent to them. I went to the dept of revenue and filed for the payments to be sent to me and they are still continuing to send these payments to that family member. How this all happened you ask?

My family member went to my childs fathers home while the child was with a sitter and kidnapped my child. The father did nothing. The family member then went to the dept of revenue and filed for child support, took the father to court and received an order all without my knowledge. The family member moved and could not be located for two years. I finally located them and went to retrieve my child. Then proceeded to go to the department of revenue to have this order changed. They took my info and told me they were changing the payments and as of date they still have not done so. I have contacted supervisors etc to no avail. They say this has to be changed through a court order??? The filing fees alone are almost three hundred dollars. So in order for me to change this I have to pay or sue the family member. I can not even get the state to prosecute this family member. Before you ask, yes I have tried to settle this with them and the father but neither of them get along and so it is impossible!

How can the department of revenue allow anyone to receive child support payments for a child they have no custody of and continue these payments even after they are notified? HELP!!! I can not afford a private attorney and everytime I try to file paperwork or talk to anyone all they tell me is that I need an attorney...no joke! HELP!!!!

Kimberly
titusville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2006 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Department-Of-Revenue/Cocoa-Florida/Florida-Department-Of-Revenue-allowing-fraud-of-child-support-payments-Ripoff-Cocoa-Florid-196734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Department Of Revenue