Complaint Review: Florida Direct - Travel Life Go Direct

• Submitted: Wed, August 08, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, August 08, 2007

• Reported By:Temple Texas
Florida Direct - Travel Life Go Direct
10500 Ulmerton Road, Suite 726-305 Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Florida Direct - Travel Life Go Direct They ripped me off and then offered a refund check and the check bounced! Largo Florida

I was phone solicited by this company ,and was not made aware that it was supposedly three different companies. Well I called Travel life/Florida Direct and cancelled and they still charged me $149. to my account. So I called them back and I spoke with some one named Charles Hester, he calls himself the floor manager ,any how I spoke with him in reguards to them taking money out of my account. I made him aware that I did not give permission for them to take any funds out of my account. I also let him know by him doing that he caused me to owe my bank $280. in charges. Then he told me I am gonna issue you a refund check for a total of $149. I agreed.

The way I see it was that at least I would receive part of my money back and it wouldn't be a total loss. Well I did receive a refund check and I cashed it and spent the money, Then my bank calls me to inform me that the check was no good and that I would have to cover it out of my pocket or have more charges to my account. Well I was in shock to find out that the check had bounced so I figured that maybe it was a mistake ,but I called to the number (888-799-1880) where I had spoken to Mr. Charles Hester and guess what? No one answers just a machine claiming technical difficulties. My bank told me that they will send me the check that bounced in the mail so I can Pursue Legal charges. So if they call you just hang up don't listen ,Just hang up on their faces. Don't get scammed. Oh yeah I am not the first one they have done this to on this site there is someone else so please be careful.

Temple, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2007 09:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Direct-Travel-Life-Go-Direct/Largo-Florida-33771/Florida-Direct-Travel-Life-Go-Direct-They-ripped-me-off-and-then-offered-a-refund-check-266067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Direct - Travel Life Go Direct