Complaint Review: Florida Kid Care

• Updated: Thu, July 21, 2011

• Reported By: Lennette — miami Florida United States of America
Florida Kid Care
Miami, Florida United States of America

Florida Kid Care Healthy Kids c/s reps not helpful, was misinformed and lied to by supervisors Miami, Florida

Florida Healthy Kids provided by Florida KidCare has been automatically deducting monthly payments from my account for the last 9 months. Fortunately, my son has not needed any medical attention up until two days ago. I took himt o the urgent care and was prescribed 3 medications. When I went to pick-up his medication at the pharmacy I was told his insurance was rejected. My provider through KidCare is AmeriGroup. I caleld them first and was told their system shows my child illegible in July and coverage beginning August 1st. I had the option to pay for the 3 medications out of pocket, I simply couldnt afford them.

I was surpirsed since I pay every month in advance. Contacted Kid Care and was told "someone made a mistake", they sisnt know who, what, when, where or why but said they would credit me one months premium. BUT I needed to get my sons medication. They said they needed to get approval from their corporate office to send urgent enrollment info over to AmeriGroup. There was no one I could speak to, no one I could e-mail. I couldn only keep calling back to confirm with customer service. I was told 3 times that they faxed over the info to the enrollment dept at AmeriGroup but AmeriGroup hadnt received it. I even went as far as to conference both c/s depts on the line.

Two days, over 5 hours on the phone and a child who is still sick and in pain later, I was finally told by AmeriGroup that they recevied the necessary paparwork and I will (hopefully) be able to get my sons Rx in a few hours.

Everyone I spoke to from c/s to "senior" c/s reps, to supervisors seemed like they just told me what I wanted to hear to get me off the phone. Who knows how many times they make a person "inelligible" for a montha nd pocket the premium. Had my son not gotten sick, I wouldve never known he was not covered, although I made my payment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2011 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Kid-Care/Miami-Florida-/Florida-Kid-Care-Healthy-Kids-cs-reps-not-helpful-was-misinformed-and-lied-to-by-supervi-756000. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Kid Care