Complaint Review: Florida Meineke LLC

• Updated: Fri, January 28, 2011

• Reported By: Sheila Frey — Fort Walton Beach Florida United States of America
Florida Meineke LLC
219Racetrack Road Fort Walton Beach, Florida United States of America

Florida Meineke LLC Gave me false estimates on parts and labor that didnt need to be changed on 98 CRV Fort Walton Beach, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Florida Meineke reply

On December 7th I drove my 98' CRV into the Meineke on Racetrack Rd in Fort Walton Beach Florida,with complaint of "engine running hot"..I was given two estimates totaling $707 for changing out power steering belt,alternator belt and compressor belt,and thermostat,and radiator with labor totaling out to $382. Being too expensive I left Meineke parking lot and drove 2 blocks to local repair shop and gave same complaint of "engine running hot" not telling them that I had just left Meineke shop...First question was "when was the last time water was put in the radiator"...having just left Meineke shop I was too embarassed to tell them that..After changing out the radiator and checking out all the belts that were said to be in good shape I paid a bill of $274 dollars for labor and parts...Now I know that Meinekeprices were high but what about the commom courtsey to put water in someone's raditor....I think thatMeineke is a Ripoff waiting to happen and I will be getting in touch with the Better Business Bureau in Fort Walton Beach and the manager of that Meineke on Race track Road.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2010 07:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Meineke-LLC/Fort-Walton-Beach-Florida-32547/Florida-Meineke-LLC-Gave-me-false-estimates-on-parts-and-labor-that-didnt-need-to-be-cha-675736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Meineke LLC

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Florida Meineke reply

AUTHOR: Meineke Car Care - (United States of America)

I read your report with great interest. Research showed an estimate was generated showing the replacement radiator and belts. The labor was estimated to be around three hours with the rest being the radiator, engine coolant, coolant flush, replacement parts and sales tax. Your radiator was in an advanced state of corrosion from running with plain water as the coolant. The expected life of such a component in an advanced state of deterioration would be short. We used our best judgment to repair, and return, your car to a safe, functional and reliable vehicle. You declined all of this.

However, one has to wonder how a reputable repair center could possibly replace your radiator, belts and coolant all for a price of $274.00. There was a short cut taken somewhere.

Here at the Meineke Car Care Center we take our responsibility to our customers seriously. We have all ASE certified technicians on staff who takes pride in their work. We all live in this community and have hundreds of regular customers who rely on us to help maintain their cars and trucks. We would like to do this for you too. I welcome your return and the opportunity to discuss this with you.

Thank you.