Complaint Review: Florida Metropolitan Tampa College

• Submitted: Mon, April 26, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, January 31, 2013

• Reported By:Fl Florida
Florida Metropolitan Tampa College
3924 Coconut Palm Drive Brandon, Florida U.S.A.

Florida Metropolitan Tampa College ripoff dishonest fraudulent Brandon Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Tampa College, FMU Fraud

*Consumer Suggestion: Be caeful out there, Shop your credits around to other local schools and see if anyone will take them.

I went to the school for over two years and I graduated in May ot 1996 and I still owe money because I couldn't afford to pay it and now the intrest that's accumulated is even more. I was planning on going to another college in the fall and I was told that I can't transfer my credits. So all those classes I took will have to be taken all over again. I feel as though the school is a big rip off because for the same amount of time I went there I could have been a RN or something making decent money.

Even though I have an Associates degree I don't make no more money than someone who don't even have a degree. The school is a big rip-off. I'll tell anyone that wants to know that it's not worth the time and money especially.

Kem
Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2004 06:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Metropolitan-Tampa-College/Brandon-Florida-33619/Florida-Metropolitan-Tampa-College-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-Brandon-Florida-89070. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Metropolitan Tampa College

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Tampa College, FMU Fraud

AUTHOR: Mary - (USA)

Please see my post. We have a department of Education Report that outlines and finds Tampa College committed fraud. There a number of communicating, if you'd like a copy of the reptile I can email it to you.

Contact me @ tampaheightspres@msn.com

Tampa college, fraudulent student loans

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

I have a masters and bachelors degree from a traditional brick and mortar local university. I went to school at night while I supported my family.

Shop your credits around to other local schools and see if anyone will take them. Some may, some may not.

An associates degree will not have a huge impact on your earning capacity. Earnings are a function of education and experience. What a degree should do is get you in the race. You still have to make the rest happen once you are there.

Anyone selling associate degrees as the gateway to a fat paycheck is selling soap. Don't give up or change your goals. Be careful. Easier and softer ways do not bear much fruit.

Oh, by the way, I am a hiring manager. Like most of my peers, I wouldn't touch a candidate from an online' college with a ten foot pole. These are people already looking to cut corners. I can't help but think they will do this at work as well.