Complaint Review: Florida Metropolitan University

• Updated: Tue, March 12, 2013

• Reported By: Camille — DeLand Florida United States of America
Florida Metropolitan University
5421 Diplomat Circle Orlando, Florida United States of America

Florida Metropolitan University FMU, Everest University excessive student loans,unable to transfer credits Orlando, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Common problem.

I attended Florida Metropolitan University from 1999-2002.  I was told that my credits would transfer to other colleges, but found out otherwise.  They were not forthcoming with the accreditation that they possssed, and I later discovered that I could have attended University of Central Florida, Valencia, or Seminole Community College for a fraction of the cost and I could have received a much better education.

As it stands now, I hold approximately 50K in student loans that I cannot pay, for a worthless piece of paper, an A.S. Degree in Criminal Justice.  For those kind of student loans, I should have become a veterinarian, or an attorney.  I want to continue my education with an accredited university, but cannot due to these insane student loans.  It was a total rip off, and I will do whatever it takes to be able to help others in my situation, and improve my own.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2013 08:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Metropolitan-University/Orlando-Florida-32810/Florida-Metropolitan-University-FMU-Everest-University-excessive-student-loansunable-to-1027433. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Metropolitan University

Common problem.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Schools like these thrive because their target demographic is one that bases expensive educational decisions on the quality of TV commercials.    It sounds absurd that someone would pay $50K for what you received, but that's what you signed up for.  They weren't lying.  Your credits will transfer, but not to anyplace you'd want to go.

You didn't do any research on who would accept their credits before you signed up.   Basically, you committed the equivalent of buying a $50K car without ever seeing it or test driving it.   As with car salesmen, there are plenty of for-profit educational institutions out there that will cater to the uneducated (irony intended) buyer.

"   For those kind of student loans, I should have become a veterinarian, or an attorney.  "

For $50K???  Not even close.