Complaint Review: Florida Passport, Teliflex

• Submitted: Sat, July 02, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, July 02, 2005

• Reported By:College Station Texas
Florida Passport, Teliflex
6822 22nd Avenue North St. Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

Florida Passport, Teliflex ripoff, phone scam, takes money from checking St. Petersburg Florida

I don't use my US Bank checking acct much as I live in Texas now and there aren't any branches here. I have a direct deposit going into that acct for my fiance's disability benefits. We have 3 auto payment's using their "Bill Pay" going out, and I just checked to see if they were on schedule, when I noticed a check for $149.00 taken out. I clicked view and it was a Pre-Authorized check. Not even in my name. My fiance is a non-signer on the acct and his name was on it.

After a longer look, I also notice another for $49.00 was removed. I called the bank and they told me to file a police report, which I did. The police say that since the company is based in another state, that there isn't any prosecution that can be done. I am now waiting up to 45 days to get my money back after filing fraud on my account. I had to open a new account, and hope the transfer occurs to prevent my "Bill Pay" from being rejected. That would cause me more trouble. On top of all that, I now have to buy new checks for my new account and contact all others that I have auto debits with.

Companies like this should be prosecuted.

My fiance didn't know my account #, so how did they even get that information?? They knew his social, our cell phone number (the one they called to get us), and read them to him for verification along with our address to send a free trip to. We never got the package, I can't get a human to answer the phone at Florida Passport, and am now just feeling lucky we weren't broke.

How can the gov't allow this to happen all the time? I had the same thing and dollar amount happen to me in 1985. I was 18 at that time. This is too coincidental to be anything other than the same rip-off artists.

Apparently they found a way to avoid prosecution, as they are still in business.

College Station, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2005 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Passport-Teliflex/St-Petersburg-Florida-33710/Florida-Passport-Teliflex-ripoff-phone-scam-takes-money-from-checking-St-Petersburg-Fl-148326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Passport, Teliflex