Complaint Review: Florida Passport

• Submitted: Wed, November 02, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, November 02, 2005

• Reported By:long beach California
Florida Passport
8601 B Somerset Drive Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Florida Passport Agent Travel Network ripoff, deceptive, liers, troublesome, free trip, two, travel Largo Florida

I was contacted by this company offering a free trip for two to florda for a vacation, and offered me a 7 day free trial. They had all of my information so it was pretty much just comfirmting if it was correct. And was told after that 7 day then they would bill me a total of 149.00. They also offered me a "Travel discount" for a 14 day trial. If I keep it they would bill at a 49 dollar monthly.

I got the information by mail in like 2 days and after looking it over decide not to go with it. So on the 7th day tried to cancel it. When I call the 1-800 number and got a machine with the prompt (something like "if you wish to cancel your account please press 1") To which I did for the florida passport, and then hung up. Thinking that it was a nice and friendly service that they had.

On the Travel Network I called in the day that I got the letter and went through the same process of calling the 1-800 number. Thinking that it was a simple and friendly cancelation.

Until I recived my bank statement saying that there was two automatic withdraws. Which both of them were on the 7th day, the day that I called to cancel. So when I called the company the person that I talked to said that he couldn't do anything because it was already processed.

So what I wanted to know is if it was already process taken out by the 7th day does that mean that they didn't even wait to see if I would canceled or not but just take the money out?

long beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2005 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Passport/Largo-Florida-33773/Florida-Passport-Agent-Travel-Network-ripoff-deceptive-liers-troublesome-free-trip-tw-163051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Passport