Complaint Review: Florida Passport

• Submitted: Thu, September 15, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, September 15, 2005

• Reported By:Mt. Vernon New York
Florida Passport
6822 22nd Ave North PMB St. Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

Florida Passport ripoff, conartist, liars, rude, unprofessional St. Petersburg Florida

The reason for this letter is to inform you that I am requesting my refund of $149.00 that was debited for my HSBC checking account on 9/13/2005 (Cancellation # M09FP1B2).

I received a solicitation call two and a half weeks prior from a young man whom informed me that Florida passport would like me to review a vacation package for seven days and if I was not interested I would call within those seven days to cancel. He also repeated several times that I would not be charged for this at anytime during the trial period and he needed my account information in the case that I would keep the vacation package but if I chose not to I would still be entitled to free airline tickets. Being a former employee for a telemarketing company many years ago I know the difficulties of the job with people hanging up on you, yelling at you to stop calling there number, and even not answering for unfamiliar telephone numbers. When I receive solicitation calls I tend to see what they are calling about and accept the calls not because I am interested in these offers or products but rather to give that employee a lead to assist with making there quota. This letter is the result of giving telemarketers a few minutes of my time. I received that vacation package two and a half weeks after the initial telephone conversation. When I received the package on Monday September 12, 2005 around 4:45 p.m. coming home from work I opened to review the material and realized that my free trial seven day period had expired and my account was being debited on that day. There was no postage date on the package or on the cover letter to verify when the package was mailed out. I called the customer service number listed on the documents. The representative whom I spoke to was Mandy Beaton. When I attempted to explain to her that I just received the package and did not get a chance to review the packet due to receiving the packet the same day that my trial expired she insinuated that there is no proof that I had just received that packet and I could have had the packet for some time. She also stated that it is not Florida passport's fault that I had received the package the same exact day my trial expired because they have nothing to do with the U.S. postal system.

This representative needless to say was extremely rude and unprofessional. When I requested to speak to another representative, a supervisor, or manager she refused stating that everyone was busy. I stated that I would hold and she refused telling me to hang up and call back in a half an hour. By this time it was after 5:30 p.m. and the office hours end at 6:00 p.m. When I refused to accept the cancellation address from her until I spoke to someone else she hung up on me.

I called back after she hung up on me and spoke to a different representative by the name of Maryanna Caruso whom was polite, apologetic, and most important helpful. I informed her of the prior customer representative whom had me extremely upset after hanging up on me. She informed me that they could not put the money in my account at that time but after contacting your department I would receive a refund shortly there after.

I would appreciate my full refund, the airline tickets, a response to my letter, and some course of action. I also intend on contacting the Business Bureau to report this matter if not resolved in a timely manner. Attached to this letter is the package and documentation received on 9/12/05.

Mt. Vernon, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2005 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Passport/St-Petersburg-Florida-33710/Florida-Passport-ripoff-conartist-liars-rude-unprofessional-St-Petersburg-Florida-157171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Passport