Complaint Review: Florida RV and Marine Connection

• Updated: Tue, April 27, 2010

• Reported By: Curt — Westerville Ohio United States of America
Florida RV and Marine Connection
389 Apache Trail Internet United States of America

Florida RV and Marine Connection John Greg Casamento, Ebay Scammer! Bidders BEWARE! Deceptive Discriptions and Images! Ormond Beach, Florida Internet

Mr Casamento placed a used motor home on E-Bay Motors. Item number 180487316594.  He described the RV as " Nice and Clean, Immaculate " " It is not often I get a chance to know if everything works properly on a coach but I can Vouch for this one.... everything works properly the way it was meant to." His images appeared to support his description. He described a scrape down the passenger (right side) as a "easy fix".  I placed my bid and won. The Deposit of $2500.00 was a ((non-refundable deposit.)) I had my bank transfer the funds to FLORIDARVDEALS INC. Per his instructions.

I made arrangements to fly my Son and Brother to Florida and bring the balance owed on the home.

The damage to the right side was a scrape all the way thru the paint/primer. This would required repairs and refinishing the entire lower side of the RV.

There was also a scrape all the way down the Drivers side and one of the storage doors would need replace and the lower side would require repairs and refinished. This was not reported on his description or images.

The rear bumper had been hit and needed repairs and refinished. This was not on his damage report or images as well.

When we entered the home it had a Mildew/Mold odor. My wife and grandchildren are allergic to mold.

When we started the generator it could not keep up with the draw of both the air conditioners. Mr Casamento said it "probably just needs a tune up."

I asked him how to operate the hydraulic levelers and he said if "I tried them and the did not go back up, I would have to pay to have them repaired" I looked at the left rear leveler and it was leaking fluid.....

The table had  wear clear thru the lamination. His images conveniently had a napkin and coffee cup covering this up.....

I was not going to buy this RV with all of these additional and unknown damages. We discussed returning my deposit. He agreed that if I did not give him a unfavorable rating on E-Bay he would return my deposit when he sold the home.

When I got home I decided to do some more checking on him on the web. I previously did not have his last name so nothing came up on him. All I had was Florida RV and Marine Sales

He happens to be a convicted felon. Please see Daytona Beach Journal dated April 28th 1995 and Again on January 24th 1996 on the Orlando Sentinel.  Ordered to pay $200,000 restitution and 20 years probation.

There are also numerous reports on ripoff.com but under Worldwide RV.

I realized, I had been Scammed... Sent notice to E-bay but was too late and they would not list my report since I did not actually buy the home.

He has since sold the RV and of course Refuses to return my $2500.00 deposit.

I feel he ripped me off by misrepresenting the condition of the home. BIDDERS BEWARE!!!!.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2010 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-RV-and-Marine-Connection/internet/Florida-RV-and-Marine-Connection-John-Greg-Casamento-Ebay-Scammer-Bidders-BEWARE-Decep-597365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida RV and Marine Connection