Complaint Review: Florida Rock & Tank Lines

• Updated: Thu, April 11, 2013

• Reported By: Raymond — osteen Florida
Florida Rock & Tank Lines
6604-s dale mabry hwy tampa, Florida United States of America

Florida Rock & Tank Lines Florida Rock and Tank Lines Unjustifying, Labor Disputes, Unfair Practice, tampa, Florida

After being experienced with driving semi-trucks for over 35 years, my wife talked me into getting a local job. I hauled everything from A-Z but never gasoline tankers, but it was something I always wanted to try. Florida Rock was good enough to give me training and let incise that experience.

Driving into a dirt parking lot I came across the manager for the first time. We had small talk, and that led me to ask her about what her husband did for a living and she told me he was also a class A truck driver like myself. I began pondering on the idea on why her own husband wasn't working there. On my second week of training our trainer indicated and hinted that this company was unfair with wages and company practices.

After a year working with this company, I was promised a safety bonus of around $1,100-$1,200 USD. Which I was never given and they also claimed to give me a raise, which I never got and it said a week vacation was guaranteed and I didn't get that either, which all of this was included in the company rulebook when signing up for this job.

Out of my 35 years of truck driving i've never had any company spills or damages and y termination was made up by the company. I don't expect to return to the gasoline industry for trucking driving after my prior experience with this company, but if I can save a truck driver, the pain I suffered will be worth it. My grandfather always told "a half a loaf of bread is better then nothing" but i'd rather eat crow.

For all my new trucker drivers thinking about a job with 'Florida Rock & Tank Lines', do not take it just run!

- Raymond Vandenberg

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 01:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Rock-Tank-Lines/tampa-Florida-33611/Florida-Rock-Tank-Lines-Florida-Rock-and-Tank-Lines-Unjustifying-Labor-Disputes-Unfair-1042526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Rock & Tank Lines