Complaint Review: Florida Shuttle Transportation

• Submitted: Mon, January 21, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, January 27, 2013

• Reported By: Rg in florida — Naples Florida U.S.A.
Florida Shuttle Transportation
8306 Golden Chickasaw Circle Orlando, Florida United States of America

Florida Shuttle Transportation Deceptive business practices Orlando, Florida

*Author of original report: Rebuttal to Business Owner Response

*UPDATE Employee: All information provided to customer

Florida Shuttle Transportation used deceptive business practices on their web site when charging my credit card.  After putting in initial information they immediately charged my credit card without revealing the cost of their services until after the charges were made.  Repeated attempts to contact the company to rectify the credit card charge were stalled out by getting an answering machine or getting employees who transferred me to someone else, or denying they received an email, or denying that the website immediately charged me without revealing the total cost.

After finally getting them to cancel the charges (a process that took an extraordinary effort), the company continues to charge me a "cancellation fee".   This outrageous and fraudulent  business practice is the lowest thing a company can do to a consumer.  They currently have an "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau in addition to having numerous complaints against them in the Florida Consumer Protection Agencies.  They company is a rip off and consumers are advised not to do business with them not only because of this report, but also because they charge twice what their competitors do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2013 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Shuttle-Transportation/Orlando-Florida-32825/Florida-Shuttle-Transportation-Deceptive-business-practices-Orlando-Florida-1000564. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Shuttle Transportation

Rebuttal to Business Owner Response

AUTHOR: Rg in florida - (U.S.A.)

This business owner claims that their website lists the cost of services before charges are made, but in my case their transaction never displayed a cost until after the charges were made to my credit card.  The implication that I did not notice the cost is absurd, since I was checking prices and already had their competitor's prices before I visited their website.

After conducting commerce transactions on the Internet for the past 15 years, I would have clearly noticed the price for services which was what I was looking for.  I have asked several regulating agencies to look into this matter and I would not waste my time complaining about it if there was any doubt in my mind that the website failed to inform me of the price until after charging my credit card.

All information provided to customer

AUTHOR: Florida Shuttle Transportation - (United States of America)

Thank you for contacting us. This customer made the reservation on their own. If anyone visits our website and tries to make a reservation the first step is to choose the trip itinerary, then it gives a summary of the actual itinerary and the TOTAL that the customer will pay. Afterwards is when the personal information is requested including payment. Anyone is invited to visit the website just to see for themselves before believing anything that people make up.
The customer was in fact refunded fully for the canceled trip minus the cancellation fee which is well specified in terms and conditions that anyone doing a reservation MUST accept to, otherwise the reservation wouldn't even go through.

What I recommend to anyone doing reservations online with any type of company is to READ and not try to blame it on the company for not paying attention or missing important information that is the responsibility of the customer it self to read.

We truly apologize for any inconvenience but everything is very well specified in the website not only in the terms and conditions. If the company wanted to keep the money it woudn't even have been refunded automatically when customer canceled trip.