- Report: #595663
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Florida Sport And Recreation Network
Florida Sport And Recreation Network644 S Atlantic Ave. Ormond Beach, Florida United States of America
Florida Sport And Recreation Network Lied to and deceived out of more than $4000 Ormond Beach, Florida
*Consumer Comment: We were duped by the same company
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
First, beware of the sales tactic that they use in their sales presentation to go from a starting price of $8000 down to $4000. Also beware of the 3-day cancellation policy that they give you, even though your account cannot be activated until 10 days later.
For about $4300, here was what was promised to us:
1. 50% off restaurants, a program that I was told also applies to Canadian restaurants (we are from Canada). It's a lie. The program does not apply to Canada.
2. A stay at the Sheraton in Toronto on a particular day in August 2009 was going to cost us $36/night. When our account was finally activated, we couldn't find any Sheraton for less than $100/night. We called and were told that not all hotels get the 40% discount promised in the sales presentation. Another lie. (By the way, going through priceline and other online hotel sites will get you a better price than FSRN.)
3. $125/week car rentals in Orlando. After our account was activated, we were told that car rentals in Orlando was more than $350/week. Another lie.
I called FSRN's office in Florida. The Customer Relations lady admitted that I was given the wrong information, but afterwards, refused to return any of my phone calls. Calls into Justin Daily, the manager, was also unreturned.
Finally, I got someone named Daniel Summers from the head office in Georgia. I requested a refund. He agreed that I had a valid grievance and promised me a resolution to the matter. After saying he will get back to me "in a few days", I never heard back from him and tried to re-establish communication after three additional weeks. I tried to contact him by e-mail and phone, but without luck. He simply ignored me. Again, another lie.
I tried settling the issue through American Express to no avail as I was told that since I signed a contract, I had to resolve my disupte with the vendor.
I am now in the process of starting a civil suit against FSRN and also contacting the approriate consumer protection agencies in Florida.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2010 09:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Sport-And-Recreation-Network/Ormond-Beach-Florida-32176/Florida-Sport-And-Recreation-Network-Lied-to-and-deceived-out-of-more-than-4000-Ormond-B-595663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.