- Report: #914704
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Florida Technical College
Florida Technical CollegeChallenger Parkway Orlando, Florida United States of America
Florida Technical College Florida Technical College/ Mr. Ruggeri please answer these questions. Orlando, Florida
*General Comment: Dumb teacher!
*Author of original report: Answers?
*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Answers Requested
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Being that I am a current employee and have seen many people come and go and us faculty getting yelled at for things that are not in our control I have some questions. Students have brought this site to many of our attention and questions just get side stepped.
1. If FTC was doing a great job, why are we as a school listed on here? I never see UCF, Rollins College, Seminole or Valencia anywhere listed on here. Only our school, both students and faculty have posted. I think we all deserve a viable answer and not some made up happy answer that you believe is going to satisfy all of us.
2. We as faculty were told we were topped out and no raises were going to happen, have you gotten a raise Dave? I see that tuition has gone up and admissions reps make good money and we instructors are not, we work long hours and don't we deserve to be compensated yearly as I am sure you are. We all see the vacations you take, the high end car you drive and we are not able to afford them but you sure make us work long hours. We love our jobs and went to school to obtain our degrees. Take care of us and we will take care of the college how hard is that. We as employees are your greatest asset!
3. Why did the regional director of admissions come to a meeting and blast us for students attendance as that is not in our control. If admissions was not so worried about making the numbers and enrolling drama, financially unstable oriented students that could care less about being in school we could take care of the ones that are here and wanting to make a difference. We are also tired of chasing those deadbeat students down. Other colleges never do that to their students. If they do not show they are dropped. We want to treat this as a college not a prison and have those daily retention meetings. Mike Zucharri should never be in a faculty meeting.
4. You have lost some great faculty in the last year or so what are you going to do to retain us and help us achieve our professional goals.We have been talking about a union and that will get us what we want.
5. Why are students complaining about financial aide FASFA and saying FTC is doing fraudulent things with the money? Gary was let go for something and that makes us all nervous. Do what is right by the student and lets make this a legitimate college, one we can all be proud of and not be on this board ever again.
6. Why are people hired that are not qualified to be in their positions. I was there when the business instructor left a few years ago as Bernadette and Gabe got into it with him as he was trying to do his job which he did very well. Students and faculty really liked him, his replacement had no clue what she was doing and she was eventually asked to leave. We were so happy when Bernadette was FIRED as she was a TERRIBLE Dean and not qualified to be in that position what so ever. Look at what it cost FTC, some great instructors leaving and many students that dropped. Who's bright idea was it to hire her with only an associate degree. Most Deans require at least a masters degree. We all want to know that answer?
We all look forward to your reply on here.
FTC Faculty Member
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2012 07:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Technical-College/Orlando-Florida-/Florida-Technical-College-Florida-Technical-College-Mr-Ruggeri-please-answer-these-ques-914704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.