Complaint Review: Florida Tourist Bureau

• Submitted: Wed, April 13, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, August 10, 2005

• Reported By:Milford Massachusetts
Florida Tourist Bureau
3501 W. Vine Street, Suite 382 Kissimmee, Florida U.S.A.

Florida Enterprises Ripoff Purchased package and got ripped off Kissimmee Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: they do exist

I live in Massachusetts and my Family lives in Illinois. My family & I purchased a package from Florida Tourist Bureau Inc. or Florida Enterprises. It was ordered on 8/28/03 order#LV073103RS for 2 adults and 3 children totaling $451.78. This included 4 days in Orlando, 3 days in Cocoa Beach & a 4 day Bahamas Sterling Cruise. You only need to supply your own Airfair. The Orlando stay included complimentary hotel accomodations at nationally recognized hotel and never states it's name. The cruise was to be aboard the Discovery Cruise Lines and have complimentary hotel accomodations in tropical Grand Bahamas Island Palm Resorts. Discovery was to dock in Freeport. We were informed that we could take the whole vacation at one time or split it up any way we wanted. That meant take mini vacations with the kids or take the cruise just the adults. Our receipt shows a Recorded Verification on File: Tape #0643. In the terms and conditions contract this package needed to be used within 2 years of the date of purchase. When we called the number given it was no longer in service. Also on the Terms and Conditions Contract it shows an AgentID:Florida Enterprises Comfirmation #033003-F. This Company is a fraud.

Cheryl
Milford, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2005 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Tourist-Bureau/Kissimmee-Florida-34741/Florida-Enterprises-Ripoff-Purchased-package-and-got-ripped-off-Kissimmee-Florida-138658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Tourist Bureau

#1 Consumer Suggestion

they do exist

AUTHOR: Marcy - (U.S.A.)

I took my Orlando, Coacoa Beach, Bahamas trip at the end of June and beginning of July 2005. The Florida Tourist Bureau actually exists and although they don't return messages and are nearly impossible to get in touch with, I suggest you just keep calling until you contact someone. I called and hung up on the voicemail at least 7 times in a row every time I called before I got someone to answer.

Be warned...there are a lot of hidden fees and you will have to go to timeshare presentations, but your money wasn't completely wasted...you can still go on your trip.

I also suggest you bring a folder or something to keep all the vouchers in and organized. I had several stressful moments when I thought I'd misplaced my vouchers and would be sleeping in the rental car.

Good luck!