Complaint Review: Florida Way Dream Escape - Travel Agents Direct - Suntasia

• Submitted: Tue, November 21, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, December 11, 2006

• Reported By:Durham North Carolina
Florida Way Dream Escape - Travel Agents Direct - Suntasia
2655 Ulmerton Road Suite 407 Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Florida Way Dream Escape - Travel Agents Direct - Suntasia - Floridaway RIPOFF SCAM phone calls & vacation packages withdrawal of money without consent Largo Florida

*Author of original report: my bank fixed it

I recieved a phone call on my cell phone from a 727 number asking if I was interested in free airplane vouchers &free nights in a hotel room. The offer sounded too good to be true, but being as I had just awaken from a dream about my hometown [which I have been longing to visit] I agreed to do a "trial offer", in which I was told I would not be billed unless I falied to call &cancel within a week of recieving the package. If i were to not call, they would take out an activation fee of $40 &monthly fees of $20.

I got the package a week later &it was not at all what they had informed me it would be; instead, it was a vacation package that would cost $149.00. I called the day after recieving it, but they were closed; I called the next day & was told that the charge would go through that day [only two days after recieving it when I was told I had a week]. The customer service representative told me that although it was scheduled to be charged that day, it hadnt yet gone through so he could still cancel it for me.

A few days later I got a statement from my bank informing me that $149.00 had been withdrawn. I called the company multiple times &they kept reiterating that it was shown as cancelled &they hadnt gotten the money out of my account so there was nothing they could to about it. I was being bounced back &forth from the bank to the travel agency, each one blaming the other for the charge. Needless to say, I believed the bank much more than the travel agency.

Finally today I went into my bank to see what I could do. They guy helping me looked up the name of the company &informed me that they have been accused of fraudulent charges by hundreds of people &that I was scammed as well - they basically stole my money. I proceeded to call the travel agency AGAIN, &it took me using a few [maybe more than a few] very unladylike words &phrases for the lady whom I was speaking with to use a civil tone with me &tell me what I needed to do in order to get my money back.

Still, I have a feeling that I'm never seeing that money again, especially because of the numerous reports I've read on the web about the company. I was told by the bank that if I want to help put an end to these kinds of scams, I need to write a letter to the attorney general of Florida explaining exactly what happened along with the bank statement showing the withdrawal. I plan on getting started on that tonight &I encourage anyone else who has been scammed by them to do the same so that they stop taking people's money without consent.

Shelby
Durham, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2006 04:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Way-Dream-Escape-Travel-Agents-Direct-Suntasia/Largo-Florida-33762/Florida-Way-Dream-Escape-Travel-Agents-Direct-Suntasia-Floridaway-RIPOFF-SCAM-phone-221703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Way Dream Escape - Travel Agents Direct - Suntasia

my bank fixed it

AUTHOR: Shelby - (U.S.A.)

Wachovia is wonderful, i explained to them what happened &they cleared the charges &are now investigating the company that made the false charges. =]