Complaint Review: Florida Works

• Submitted: Mon, November 22, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, November 22, 2010

• Reported By: Sharon — Port Saint Lucie Florida U.S.A.
Florida Works
9650 Orange Bloosom Trail Orlando, Florida United States of America

Florida Works Ads for Jobs are fake Orlando , Florida

I replied to an ad on indeed.com for a job available in Port Saint Lucie, Florida. They sent an email stating they needed me to click on a link for a free credit report, supposedly to verify my identity. Once there I filled out the info for my free credit report. I emailed Florida Works several times as I showed a $1 hold at my bank from minicreditreport.com and received no response. I noticed today 11-22-2010 that there was a charge from minicreditreport.com at my bank.
I went on-line to minicreditreport.com and couldn't find any contact info on their website; no phone number, no address, no email address, nothing.
Today there is a charge again from minicreditreport.com . I got the phone number for them from my bank and called, supposedly they are going to reverse the charge. The man on the phone (Charles) said they had emailed me with my login information as I had signed up for some type of Credit Protection. I most certainly did not receive any email from them. I had seven days supposedly to cancel but I couldn't find any contact information for them on their website or I would certainly have called to see why there was a $1 hold on my bank account.
Beware the fake jobs listed on job boards like indeed from Florida Works. They are apparently just trying to get people to sign up with minicreditreport.com . The link they email is an affiliate link where they get paid for people to click on the "free" credit report link.
They post jobs every couple of days on indeed, they simply change some of the information for the jobs such as the salary and post the ads as "new". What a rip off! They have NO jobs!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2010 12:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Works/Orlando-Florida-32837/Florida-Works-Ads-for-Jobs-are-fake-Orlando-Florida-664668. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Works