Complaint Review: Florida sports recreation network & robert mcpherson

• Submitted: Tue, December 20, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, December 20, 2011

• Reported By: athlene — margate Florida United States of America
Florida sports recreation network & robert mcpherson
2665 north atlantic ave #312 daytona beach, Florida United States of America

Florida sports recreation network & robert mcpherson took my money, agreed to sell my package, referred me to another ripoff agent who took $200 from my account with promise to sell and neither wants to give any further account or update daytona beach, Florida

On August 17, 2007 my spouse and I vacationed in Florida and was convinced to purchase a travel vacation package. Total cost was $3943. We paid a deposit of $350.00 and Florida Sport & Recreation Network (FSRN) arranged financing which required that we pay 129.72 per month for 36 months. I do not recall using this package and after about a year we contacted them to have the package sold.

Their representative gave us a name (Robert McPherson) and his number (4178442445) who they said would have our request carried out. We called him , had a discussion about the sale and he requested our credit card infor. for his fee of $200. Immediately after our conversation, this amount was charged to our account. He assured us that he could sell in about 6 weeks and advised that if we sold below the market rate we could fetch a quick sale. We agreed with him to sell at about $5000 since he said that the market price for similar packages was about $6500  at that time. he further advised that the sale proceeds would be paid to the "finance company" and balance would be paid to us .

Several phone calls were made to Robert McPherson between 2008 and 2009. He responded to about the first two calls  and said that he did not sell as yet. We asked him to email his address and the company that he represented. However, he has not done this and all other calls have been without success. Messages have been left on his voicemail but we have not had any response. We contacted FSRC in about 2009 to report this matter and to ask them if they could contact him on our behalf or give us further information but the representative who answered our call said she doesnt know the person and could not help us.

In July 2009 we received a letter in the mail from a debt collection company (Universal data Services, LLC) demanding payment of a balance of $2454.87. We are unable to bring this matter to a closure because both Robert McPherson and Florida Sport & Recreational Network refuses to shed any light on why or request for sale has not been carried out or what is the status! This whole set up appears to be a ripoff and a trap!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2011 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-sports-recreation-network-robert-mcpherson/daytona-beach-Florida-32118/Florida-sports-recreation-network-robert-mcpherson-took-my-money-agreed-to-sell-my-pac-811804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida sports recreation network & robert mcpherson