Complaint Review: FloridaDirect ; Florida Direct ; Travel Life Go Direct

• Submitted: Thu, May 24, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, June 12, 2007

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
FloridaDirect ; Florida Direct ; Travel Life Go Direct
3993 Tyrone Blvd Ste #608-149, St. Petersburg, FL 33709 St. Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

FloridaDirect Florida Direct Travel Life Go Direct Florida Direct is company of liars and con artists!!! Ripoff St. Petersburg Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: CONSUMER ALERT!

So my wife and I setup an account with TimeWarner Cable (TWC) with phone and internet. The first day the phone is hooked up I got three (yes three) telemarketing calls asking for me directly. One of which stated that I had recieved a free vaction to somewhere as a promotion for signing up for TWC, I don't talk to telemarketers so I handed the phone to my wife. They said it was completely free and would never have to pay for anything, so she agreed, I made her ask them at least five times if it was free. Mind you this is the first day the phone is hooked up so I haven't got my phone on the line that records conversation. We never gave them any account numbers and sure as hell didn't give them permission to charge my wife's bank account.

My wife and I opened an account about a month earlier because of our newborn. It was to be primarily a joint account for formula and diapers and things. My wife went to the store to pick up a few things and her card was declined.?? We logged onto the account via web and see a charge of $149 from this company in Florida, FloridaDirect. A check without a signature was cashed by our bank, and our account info and routing number were obtained illegally, which is another dispute of mine. So the bank paid them and put our account into the negative and charge an overdraft fee and a daily charge for the days we didn't pay them to get back above $0. And everytime we used that card the bank charge an addition O/D fee. The account is currently at -$400. We have since closed the account but the bank has yet to get the account back to $0 so we can use it again. When we contacted the bank about this, they knew about this company already and stated that they had a lot of customers fall for this scam.

About two weeks later we receive two vouchers in the mail, in checklike form. But are vouchers and have absolutely no cash value. If anyone is starting a Class Act Lawsuit case against this company PLEASE! contact Ripoffreports and add me to it. I'm an angry Irishman and these people are taking food out of my babies mouth!!!

I will update this as soon as something new comes around.

San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2007 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FloridaDirect-Florida-Direct-Travel-Life-Go-Direct/St-Petersburg-Florida-33709/FloridaDirect-Florida-Direct-Travel-Life-Go-Direct-Florida-Direct-is-company-of-liars-and-250169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FloridaDirect ; Florida Direct ; Travel Life Go Direct

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

The following is from the Associated Credit Union website:

Don't Take The Bait! Watch For E-mail & Phone Scams!

Current Scams

A company called Travel Agents Direct calls members to inform them that they've won free hotel and travel vouchers. They know the credit union's routing number and ask for your checking account number to debit you for just enough to cover mailing you the vouchers!

The company gets information from those who may have purchased products from online marketing companies or infomercials, who pass on the personal information to Travel Agents Direct.

End of Alert.

Like I told you many times before, bank alerts are becoming common for Suntasia/Strategia marketing company. If you want to see the alert for yourself click the link below.